loosing signal temporarily but happening all the time on kryptview a750

Hi there i been lossing signal on kryptview a750 box but only for a few seconds then get picture back again but it has been happening very frequently. comes up with scrambled channel for a few seconds then channel starts again. i have been noticing that the lights on my router seem to stat flashing like crazy just before the channel scrambles then just before it comes back the lights go crazy again. does anyone have any idea's as to why this happening and what i can do to fix it? it is really frustrating and getting to the stage now where i cant watch box for 5 minutes without it going off. have done factory reset, disconnected all cables, reset router, rescanned all channels tried everything i could that i thought might help and i'm still getting the same problem's and its really pissing me off now starting to loose faith and getting tired of this piece of shit box to be honest. its just one thing after another after another. even in the background as i write this the box has gone on and of 3 times in the space of 5 minutes. really need some help here or im gonna launch this piece of shit out my window. any idea's not mentioned are well appreciated thaks for your time. peace ziggy

I can,t be certain why yours is doing what's its doing but if you read this thread where people ask for a line you,ll see many ask for a reliable server and glitch free?

The reason for the glitch free generally means that some people who offer lines tend to get too many on one server, Meaning they are feeding a lot of customers so your feed will glitch and its not just serving you, but loads of people?
Or another reason could be your dropping connection (internet?) or your satellite signal could be getting blocked temporally?
Try all sorts to eliminate the problem but its likely the first explanation that's the culprit.

EDIT: Can,t be certain that's just my opinion?

Last edited:
christara the kryptview is a cable closed source box no server/ line required. Ziggy have you direct Ethernet feed to box seems like dropping connection, you seem to have covered most options, although I don't have kv box now just checked with a mate all seems ok with his kv. also you state a750 you mean 780 or 850 as 750 no longer works

thanks for replies people . it is a780 i have sorry for the confusion. i do have a direct ethernet connection to the box. have canged the wire and also changed the input on the router. i can tell when the box is going o go off coz the rouer starts flashing crazy and then box goes off. not sure if this is maybe caused by the weather, it has been wet and windy up here but it is scotland after all, somethings never change. terrestril channels still working fine but even when i watched itv2 last night it was cutting off. thanks for time to reply and sorry for any confusion caused. will have another try with box later but cant be arsed going near it at the moment. ziggy

Hi ziggy my mate just text me saying just watching ssp1 on /off all the time, also just checked another forum seems the same on/off.
I'm glad went down sky route now but miss HD just hang in their don't throw the box through the window just yet :willy nilly:

trouble also happens when people dont know the correct setup for boxes,is your signal and quality good no bad splitter,100% on correct net id.are you living in a weak signal area,are you on a subbed or non subbed line?

Hello Ziggy.. You sound like you have an internet/router fault.. As if it was a server fault it would light up in here.. As of 0122 eg right now watching ss5 real v ath Madrid.. No glitching.. Are you in Dundee..? I have 2 not 1 but 2 Ted specials in Dundee and they are both fine.. ANY faults with your router and your box will playup all day long bro..! Ted PS don't chuck the box out..

Just waiting for a reply Ziggy from my 2 Dundee Ted specials to confirm if it a local issue.. Ted.. Convinced you have a router/internet fault.. As your earlier post said your router starts flashing like mad and then box goes off..! One suggestion.. Take Ethernet out of back of kV and put the box on beeb 1 if it does not go off then its a router/internet fault.. Can't be anything else bro. !!

Both boxes in Dundee have been fine Ziggy it just been confirmed so its a local issue at your place.. Internet or router..! Or both..! Ted

Both boxes in Dundee have been fine Ziggy it just been confirmed so its a local issue at your place.. Internet or router..! Or both..! Ted
my box has been doing this for days ted on off on off and my friends aswell were in the north east of england any advice please

Suspect your router is flashing because it's receiving data and stops when no data is received your box is asking for data from server server is not responding hence no flashing lights suggest you get a test line from good server see if that fixes it I suspect it will.[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]
Sorry should have read post from beginning for some reason thought I was talking about blade 7000 ignore all I have said. Closed source .[emoji33]

Last edited:
Suspect your router is flashing because it's receiving data and stops when no data is received your box is asking for data from server server is not responding hence no flashing lights suggest you get a test line from good server see if that fixes it I suspect it will.

you cant as its closed source

thanks very much for all the replies people. firrstly big cheese thanks for that, exactly like mine just offfor 5 second then back on but hppens every couple of minutes, ted once again you have been more than helpful and i really appreciate that. when i spoke to virgin the other day they said there was issue's in my area but should have been fixed by now. i was thinking it was an internet issue myself but may also be a server issue. will just need to wait and see and try not throw it out the window in the meantime. hopefully it will sort itself eventually tbh cnt be arsed messing about with it anymore. will maybe give virgin a phone tomorrow and see what they are saying. thing that is weird though my phone and laptop dont seem to loose connection when the box does so its not like i am loosing my internet connection o everything just on the box. totally appreciate all the help and replie's though guys and i will keep you posted. but as always you guys on this site are ana amazing help and i prob would never have got the box on the go in the first place if it wasn't for all your help. ythis is a great example of a forum with people so willing to help. peace ziggy

thanks again, seems like a few people having same isue's so just gonna wait and hope it gets better. at least i know there is nothing i can do so dont need to keep resetting my box. cheers guys

same oxford for past couple of days, vermin said there was a problem
Broadband Known problems
  • There is a fault disruption.
  • Virgin Media Mail is having trouble sending and receiving emails at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay.
  • Fault Reported on :
    06:40PM Wednesday 7 January

• We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.
  • Fault reference:
    F003481880

• Estimated Fix time :
    04:35PM
    Friday 9 January

so i put the glitching down to this, other than that, box has been fine

Back