Losing Network mounts.

cactikid

VIP Member
Mains tripped the other day again and as usual mounts vanished and not found .

Went up and rechecked utilities and both running but ip had changed so changed it back and saved and was able to access it again from other box for recordings .

Today box not found in network scan and not finding other things and only a Nas found so 5 things are missing.
All boxes are more or less failing to pick up other networked boxes and all were through switches.

Is there a way of scanning on laptop as my ET 10000 has vanished from there also on my network?

Mains tripped the other day again and as usual mounts vanished and not found .

Went up and rechecked utilities and both running but ip had changed so changed it back and saved and was able to access it again from other box for recordings .

Today box not found in network scan and not finding other things and only a Nas found so 5 things are missing.
All boxes are more or less failing to pick up other networked boxes and all were through switches.

Is there a way of scanning on laptop as my ET 10000 has vanished from there also on my network?
you should be able to log into your router and see connected devices, it may help

Might have only logged into router once or twice as never done it that way , just need to find my login details.
When i am upstairs on desktop will check on that as password is up there.
Usually just let the box give me an ip unless power trips again.

I've put shortcuts to my E2 boxes in the windows explorer right-click context menu, so I need the IP addresses to remain static.

1699558380832.png

I tried to access router earlier but no joy password would not work , 3 stickers with info that came with router wired connection.

Rebooted Et as last time i think i just did Restart Gui and now i can webif into box.

Still cant access router with password after i pressed reset button.

Will check box later to see anything new on network.

Not sure if you router will have this option, but I think DHCP Reservations are a more elegant process than setting static IPs on devices. If you do go down the static IP route, remember to exclude these IP's from your DHCP range.

i.e example DHCP range = 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254

Change this to 192.168.0.20 - 192.168.0.254. Doing this will allow you to use the first 19 x IP addresses for static devices. Remember that your router will always be the first IP, so don't use it (192.168.0.1)

Back