1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mgcamd keeps freezing

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by thebulls, Dec 13, 2016.

1. thebulls

thebulls Registered

Hi all i seem to having a problem with my mgcamd on 2 boxes a zgemma h2h and a miracle box twin plus it keeps freezing and has to be restarted every time it stops any help would be great

both on vix

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. systemlord

systemlord TK Veteran

Are you using the same line on both boxes? If so, does your provider allow that? Does it happen when one box is turned off? There's a link in my sig where you can request a test line if needed.

3. thebulls

thebulls Registered

Hi no both are different lines it happens all the time one box is down stairs the other is in the bed room

4. lancable

lancable T K Veteran

are both boxes hard wired to internet

5. thebulls

thebulls Registered

yes they are

6. lancable

lancable T K Veteran

try use cccam to see if its mgcamd thats the problem

7. thebulls

thebulls Registered

ok is that the same set up as the mgcamd

8. lancable

lancable T K Veteran

yes put nline or cline in cccam.cfg stop mgcamd in softcam and start cccam

9. rapture_ni

rapture_ni Forum Supporter

My friend was having this issue..i didnt try the hoking and poking way of fixing it.. i backed up the line and flashed the box. put the line back on again. all was good

10. Jagsy

Jagsy TK Veteran Forum Supporter

have you rebooted router aswell as the box`s?

11. nickyd186

nickyd186 TK Veteran

My mates s2 had this issue, I reflashed it for him and re added his line and it's been perfect since

12. bangord30

bangord30 TK Veteran

If you look in the router connected devices page do you see them both listed with different ips and mac addresses? With BT or virgin??

13. thebulls

thebulls Registered

im gonna reflash it with the software version that was on when i brought the miracle box in april and put open atv on zgemma

14. thebulls

thebulls Registered

Reflashed the miracle box today and it's still doing checked the router with vm both are showing different ips I'm just wondering if it's my internet that keeps dropping out vim have upgraded mine to vivid 150 on super hub 2 I wondered if I needed the 3.0 instead have timeouts on the reports on the router I have reset the router and lost all my wifi maybe a knackered router!! Sine writing my Gemma has gone of twice once came back on after restart cam and the second didn't :(