Mike Parry quits TalkSport as Keys and Gray get his morning slot

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
920.jpg

BROADCASTER Mike Parry has revealed he quit his job with TalkSport just days before two disgraced Sky Sports presenters were given his daily radio slot.

Andy Gray and Richard Keys have been signed to present the flagship daytime show on the radio station.

From next Monday they will fill the 10am to 1pm slot occupied until last week by Mr Parry, who lives in Gosport.

But the former News columnist, a life-long Everton fan, said he could not think of anyone better than ‘my old mate and Everton centre forward’ Gray to fill his shoes.

Mr Parry said: ‘Andy gets my blessing. He’s one of my footballing heroes and I’m delighted he’s going to be doing the job that I can no longer do.’

Mr Parry said he quit the station last Thursday. ‘It was over a contractual dispute which has been dragging on since last summer after the World Cup,’ he said.

‘I’ve had lots of job offers which I’m considering. I’d be mad to quit a job like that and not have something else in the pipeline wouldn’t I?’ he added.

TalkSport moved for Gray and Keys two weeks after they were engulfed in a sexism storm which began after they made disparaging off-air comments about a female referee’s assistant.

Hi,
Mike Parry was on Radio 5 on Saturday around 18:30....

He was co worker with Robbie Savage?

So it must be a new line up for Saturdays on Radio 5

regards
Singhie

Back