Missing a good torrent site

thebesh

TK Supporter
Hi folks

Over time my favourite torrent sites have gone to the recycle bin in the sky. TVtorrents were a Swedish hosted site and were the #1 for all TV Stuff. Everything neatly sorted into series and listed by resolution. They went offline many years ago and it was a real loss. I then switched to using RARBG and they were excellent for having filters where you could explicitly search for 4k/UHD releases for both film and tv. I would generally add this filter and check every few days to see what new releases had been added. Unfortunately it went belly up a few months ago due to hosting costs. I've tried to find a good alternative, but most don't have good filters on them or crap search functionality (I like to use wildcards when searching as well) e.g 196* for all films from 1960's

There is the obvious PirateBay, but I don't care for it too much and it seems to shine if you want the latest big blockbuster releases. This is generally not my bag and have more interest in older (classic) films that have been re-released in 4k/UHD format. RARBG was great to let you check new releases very easily and would also list the same film in different resolutions and audio codecs when you looked into it.

I'm a big file hoarder and I feel like I've not downloaded anything for weeks/months - mainly due to lack of good torrent site. Does anyone have any good recommendations I could have a look at?

I feel really sad because I didn't know rarbg went under. A sad day indeed.

As far as public goes, 1337x is my bet as well. Good private trackers focusing on TV are, in my opinion, too difficult to get in, that's to say that I don't want to bother. I'm on TL and that suffices because I'm not into a lot of TV shows lately.

Yeah focus on a good private one less chance of fake files. Seems like one got mentioned a few posts above. 👍

I used to use P2P file sharing programs ,although I don't download movies/tv shows anymore due to the ease of streaming but there are a few programs still about and less hassle than torrents .

Ares Galaxy,shareaza, e-mule and there are others. Not tried for a while but you used to be able to get most things on them.

The only torrent site I use is vstorrent but it is more for pro audio stuff, but if you are into making music you can get anything you need here. You can also get some
software. Just need a blocker as a few popups but easy to get round with a bit of practice.

I still also use Pirate Bay.

1337x should have most of what you need, if not use a scraper like Jackett to pull from various sources. OR if what you're looking for is super obscure/old, newsgroups might be a good route for you.

1337x should have most of what you need, if not use a scraper like Jackett to pull from various sources. OR if what you're looking for is super obscure/old, newsgroups might be a good route for you.
Thanks, it's a couple of kids TV series (Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol) not sure how obscure they are - certainly not in our household! I'll look into newsgroups - I remember it mentioned back in the day but it was never something I got in to.

Thanks, it's a couple of kids TV series (Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol) not sure how obscure they are - certainly not in our household! I'll look into newsgroups - I remember it mentioned back in the day but it was never something I got in to.
EasyNews if you want websearch no client (havent used personally, but thats what a lot of people use). Frugal Usenet + NZBGeek + NZBGet or SABNzbd.
Just sign up for NZBGeek and search, see how old the files are, use any of the newsgroups that provide a trial, and you'll have your answer for free :grin:

Edit:
Frugal Usenet (paid) = your traffic login (think of like, real-debrid)
NZBGeek (free OR paid) = search engine to find items in newsgroups (most files are hidden/obfuscated)
NZBGet/SABNzbd (free) = program to download items once found

I still use news group sites. Great for the more modern stuff but for older stuff it can fail even with a good news group server.

Back