Missing DLL Files After System Restore

just did the updates and restarting now and will come back to this thread and download those files from your link. do have them on the external but well your links will be quicker and probably more uptoday :) Hubby is off watching Whitechapel ( horrid programme lol) so ive got about 40 mins to carry on playing :)

got afew problems with home group - it will not let me search and join my home group - says i need to create a new one and will not recognise my network.

IS it because i made the home group from this pc origionally - so i will have to make a new home group and delete other pcs from the one they are in and start again? The network is its picking up is home network but other pcs are on home network 2

1 other question on the external hard drive i have moved over most of the contents except the backup from the "old" pc i take it now that i do not need that windows image or any of the backup that i have on either of the external hard drives. So before i go and delete all the previous backup just wanted to make sure!

So take it i now need to do a new/clean windows system image and backup from today from my nice new install ??

It would be best to create your network from scratch now Linny? Seeing as you are doing so well, you might as well. Just make sure that network discovery and file sharing is enabled on the new install machine (in network and sharing settings) if that's what you want to use it for.

As for your previous images? They are pretty much redundant once you make a new image of your fully tweaked clean install. Are you making your images with Acronis or what?

Before you make the new image, make sure your "Device Manager" is happy, especially with the Mobo chip-set drivers which should be on that ACER driver disc you created ;) Don't delete your backed up data now though lol only the old images lol

How is the new install so far? Do you find the machine nice and responsive? You'll have to open up a small repair shop now at the rear of the pet shop ;) (Holiday spending money you know!)

How is the new install so far? Do you find the machine nice and responsive?
yes its more responsive, but just taking time to add everything! doing abit at a time and closing pc - incase there is a problem with anything! but email is back up :) and so is FF AND i have restored my ff backup :)

Are you making your images with Acronis or what? Havent got that far yet! was going to use the external hard drive and backup windows image etc on there -
Not got round to putting the drivers back on yet either -now that do i just put in dvd drive and it will add drivers etc ( once i tell it to )

Windows 7 is pretty much improved when it comes to it's driver database so if your device manager is not reporting any issues I wouldn't panic about it. You are probably on a generic driver for you monitor now too Linny (remember that? If it's the same PC?) The right driver will give you more resolution options. The first drivers that should be installed after a clean install are the chipset drivers followed by sound and then network (in that order) and yes, there would be setup files on your driver disc that you would run. Your printer driver\softwware will need installing too if you have a printer attached? again, Win 7 may have popped some generic ones in for you?

As you mentioned, it's now most of the work begins, getting all your Apps back in and tweaked to your own liking, that is the most time consuming aspect of a reinstall, and as your are finding out that's why a good image of a clean system is such a worthwhile and valuable exercise ;)

mm seem tobe having a problem with my incredimail keeps telling me its encountered a problem! so cant get any emails on here! everything else tho worknig great.Have put a message ontheir forum - await their response.!

All sorted as back to how i was before i started this long thread :) thanks Gman for your patience lol!

Back