Missing Folder

Root

Guys I picked up a Xperia P yesterday for £40 which i figured was a pretty good win. I have updated it all to the latest firmware and version of android etc but there is a problem with viewing the photos I take.

If I look on the phone I can see that it stores the photos I take in /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/100ANDRO/ but when I plug the phone into the PC that folder does not show up. I get the DCIM folder but all it has inside is small thumbnails of my photos. i have installed the Sony software for the PC etc and it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Anyone?

Capture2.jpg

The folder already exists on the phone and has my photos in it. It doesn't show up on the PC when I plug the phone into it. It seems the whole path is missing or something

It looks like your screenshot is displaying the phone contents and not the SD folder tree where the photos are stored?

Code:
/storage/sdcard0/DCIM/100ANDRO/

Yes, I have tried everything :/ - I can see in the phones storage options that "internal storage" is in fact the 16gb internal storage (or as you say SD card) It has the photos on there and it is that which the computer sees - Just not all folders. The other storage is device memory (2gb) which is where you thought the computer might be seeing.

---------- Post Merged at 02:20 PM ----------

From the image below you can see I have installed the Sony Media Go software as advised but it shows as there being no images on the phone. (the images are on there I can look at them on the phone) somehow the path to where they are stored must be changed but I can see no option to do this whatsoever.

Capture3.jpg

Last edited:
Are you using Pc companion or Media go?

If using using Pc companion select "File transfer" and find the DCIM folder on the list

That was the first thing I tried Gman. It isn't there. Doing what you said just opens this

Capture1.jpg

Inside the DCIM folder is this:

Capture2.jpg

I can only view the photos on the phone. One thing I have noticed is that in connectivity settings on the phone it says Turn on wi-fi first, then pair your device with other devices by using a USB cable. To me that kinda sounds like you can't pair a USB device without having wifi on?? Well I don't have wi-fi so it cannot be turned on. I guess I will dig out an old router..

EDIT: wi-fi now on. No change.

Last edited:
So are you trying to view them on yoru SD card or internal storage? As you have put a path in the first post "/storage/sdcard0/DCIM/100ANDRO/" to SD card but what we are seeing in Explorer is your internal storage?

If i look at one of the photos on the phone and go to "details" it shows that the photo is stored in /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/100ANDRO/. The phone doesn't have an SD card (perhaps hence the 0?) that is just the name of the path. All other files are there as they should be it is just the photos.

Rename 100ANDRO to anything else using apk like ES File explorer. After renaming folder will appear in PC.
Xperia will again make a new 100ANDRO photo next time you take photo/video and you will have to rename that folder or move things to folder you renamed before!
My problem is how did you get Xperia P for only £40. Is that a price for use xperia p in the UK!? I payed for mine £100 in Croatia 7 months old!?

Back