Missing the odd few channels

steveyC

Hi guys,

Just purchased a vu+ solo 2 box last week, upģraded from a skybox, i've managed to get it basically all sorted with vix image and mgcamd installed and enabled, however I'm sort of missing some sly channels for eg. sly sports 4 sd and several others, 1 2 and 3 are fine. Ive used the autoboquet maker and got what seems to be a nice tidy epg but these missing channels are driving me nuts after 3 days trying to get set up I'm nearly ready for the bridge.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Stevey

Hi,
Looks like my post was written in invisible ink?

took me a while to get back, I've just spent another two days pulling my hair out.

Here's where I am so far,

upgraded box with latest image openvix-Apollo.023-vusolo2_usb.zip, ran the basic setup wizard, not scanning for channels, ftp'd enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk into tmp folder, ftp'd newcamd.list and mfg.cfg into my usr/keys folder. enabled enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk and ticked the box for autostart.

uploaded 28.2 channel list dated 2/7/2014 using dreamedit. I have the vast majority of sly channels but some are still not working even though there in the list/bouquet particularly in movies...some others are missing for example discovery shed. I've tried different lists, used the auto bouquet maker, I just cant seem to get all the channels. ive flashed the box several times, done a full scan using the wizard, , still no joy, line ok coz still works fine in skybox f5.

I'm just about ready to put this on ebsy or worse. any help would be much appreciated.

i run a scan so i can double check if channels work or moved.
you should have the bible bookmarked for sat.

Search Results for - KingOfSat

are those channels working on other box,is the vu a clone?

also wonder if dish is out slightly,and you do know plenty of hd channels gone,so autobouquets are set to sd.

Last edited:
Hi,

All the channels are available with my lion on my f5 Box.... so it cant be a dish alignment problem, the HD Channels are of course gone, this problem is with SD channels. I bought it from world from World of Satellite as a genuine box. I'm pretty close to giving up on it.

I've spent literally days trying to sort it, I'm sure I've just missed something... again any more ideas would be appreciated,

Cheers

ahh wos good best place as the real experts are over there,will go over there and post lol

forgot to add never removed channel list ,only new list added or reflash,strange issue.

anbody else near you got a dish to scan on?

Last edited:
Cactikid,

Thanks for your help, All sorted now, started from scratch again, used the ABM, installed a different version of mgcamd "enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd-1.38c_openvix_all.ipk", i had been using "enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk" enabled it and somehow they all now work.

Cheers

simple

use ABM or download the settings you like from sites where they are updated

example catseyes settings

settings are know as channel lists

that was a strange one cant remember what cam i use lol,he did use abm and not worked sure we are all still learning lol.

Back