MK Single Dimmer Switch

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

I'm looking around for a MK Dimmer Switch Single Gangway. Im wondering is there anywhere else cheaper than B&Q, they like charging me £20+ for one, im sure there is some place cheaper. I need 16 dimmer switches all whiteand same brand.

Do you think if i go in to B&Q there will be more stock of MK, because i just checked on the website, saves me a journey to b&q and some petrol lol

anyway let me know where you think is the best place to get these from at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Javed, if you need 16 dimmer switches, you would probably be better off going to an electrical wholesaler (where trades people go to), as they will be more likely to do you a deal. What area are you in, or you could just google it for yourself "Electrical wholesalers your area" (y)

as long as they rated higher than your fittings,its something that gets overlooked when buying and later burn out.

16 dimmer switches sounds a lot! but as said try and electrical wholesale shop B&Q tend to be expensive on stuff like that. Also remember If your fitting them yourself that you know exactly what your doing and you have the correct item for the job thats needed ( sorry mother in me taking over )
Have you tried the likes of screwfix them and toolstation are quite cheap and you can either order online or go to a local store! But as HT said look at the ebay links. I buy any ceramic bulb holders i need on ebay - for some reason small electrical shops cant get them - strange!! ( well i do mention they are for reptile tanks )

Javed, if you need 16 dimmer switches, you would probably be better off going to an electrical wholesaler (where trades people go to), as they will be more likely to do you a deal. What area are you in, or you could just google it for yourself "Electrical wholesalers your area" (y)

will Google it now and keep record for the future. I feel i will need more electrical items in the future lol

Saw them earlier HT. would 250w or 500w be ideal for me? Mainly will be used for roof fans.

Awesome, looks much better now, ive emailed the person and interrogated him with my queries LOL

16 dimmer switches sounds a lot! but as said try and electrical wholesale shop B&Q tend to be expensive on stuff like that. Also remember If your fitting them yourself that you know exactly what your doing and you have the correct item for the job thats needed ( sorry mother in me taking over )
Have you tried the likes of screwfix them and toolstation are quite cheap and you can either order online or go to a local store! But as HT said look at the ebay links. I buy any ceramic bulb holders i need on ebay - for some reason small electrical shops cant get them - strange!! ( well i do mention they are for reptile tanks )

Yes Linny i need to get it right or my dad will go bonkers, he will end up saying you couldn't even buy a dimmer switch correctly lmao

i thought dimmer switches were only for lights?not fans,thermostats?

dad said it can be used for fans as well, i need it for abroad, the stuff abroad is cheap and nasty, this is quality stuff. I asked the guy on eBay can i use it for a ceiling fan just awaiting reply.

if you need it for other countries you will need to check the wiring ect and the voltage. It may not be as simple as buying from the UK to install in any other country. I had this convo on a reptile forum about electrical goods from the US. So when they chat emails you back check if they are suitable for which ever country you need them for!

if you need it for other countries you will need to check the wiring ect and the voltage. It may not be as simple as buying from the UK to install in any other country. I had this convo on a reptile forum about electrical goods from the US. So when they chat emails you back check if they are suitable for which ever country you need them for!

dad made an enquiry and he needs 250w dimmer switch. Nothing higher than this, and that man has 400w. So need to look around now.

UPDATE: found this
Code:
http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php/22802163/mk-electric-k1531whi-logic-plus-white-moulded-1-gang-1-way-dimmer-switch-1-x-40w---250w

£120 for 20, and delivery included, i think the delivery is next day, ideal for me, as i need them before Wednesday. Cant find any cheaper than this anywhere else LOL

UPDATE: idiot like me put 10 quantity instead of 20 tut tut

Last edited:
£6 each is a lot better than your original price, but remember, the US is 110 volts, the uk is 230/240 volts, be sure you are getting the right product ( you haven't said where you need them for) for where you need them, the last thing you need is faulty/incorrect switches causing problems for you.

i've just realized i entered 10 quantity instead of 20, the price is £250 for all 20 lmao

this is driving me nuts, someone dim my switch off lol

i need it for Pakistan, family friend building a house, his electrician said 250w is enough for ceiling fans.

time to visit uncle DIY Shop and grovel to him lol

whats the voltage over the J4? its it 110 or 240? as we have already said make sure where ever you get them you tell them what country they are for and voltage you need. Last thing we want to hear is bad news from you in a few months!

whats the voltage over the J4? its it 110 or 240? as we have already said make sure where ever you get them you tell them what country they are for and voltage you need. Last thing we want to hear is bad news from you in a few months!

Linny went to uncle in the morning, he built his house in Pakistan as well so he knows whats what over there DIY wise. He said 400-600w should be enough for me, So im going to purchase them from that guy on eBay at £1.99 going to get a discount from him.

jokes aside cacti is the brand FOCUS any good? it's getting me stressed all this DIY stuff.

Back