mobile broadband

purdywood

Anybody got any advice on mobile broadband dongle's,
what's the best deals/networks out there.
I'm working away from home and use it for fb and
Streaming stuff. Cheers people.

how about them ones that come pre-loaded, use it for 12 months then it runs out. you can buy them from like PCWorld, Comet

i have 2 one meteor dongle works around 60% signal twice as much with wimax that died lol,also got a 3mobile not as good and much slower in use on lappy,best to check with provider if there is a signal mast/station etc near you so you get a stronger signal,usually they give you a trial for a short time maybe a week or so.

Cheers cactikid, good info, thanks mate.

something to bear in mind mate, use the thanks button only instead of both options, i got an infraction for saying thanks in a post, when the thanks button is there

just makes the forum less cluttered and easy to read, not having a go or anything like that

btw let us know what dongle you get then if you go ahead with it

Anybody got any advice on mobile broadband dongle's,
what's the best deals/networks out there.
I'm working away from home and use it for fb and
Streaming stuff. Cheers people.

As Caktikid said depends on the area your mainly working in as to which network is going to give you the best signal. Ive you can google all the providers and a postcode of where you are for network coverage. I know most you can do PAYG for a set rpice but not sure what you get for it. dont sign up to a contract if you only need it for a short while, unless its cheaper.
3 network now have very good coverage on their BB but like all networks in certain places you just cannot get a signal. like supermarkets - ok im sure you wotn want to use it in a supermarket but if your living/working near somewhere like that you may find your signal is blocked by its surroundings.
LEt us know which one you eventually chose and how you rate it - will be good info for other members

Back