Mourinho hit with five-match ban

noelyf

VIP Member
Jose+Mourinho+Josep+Guardiola+Barcelona+v+lhmnoD6j4ntl.jpg

Friday, 6 May 2011

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has been handed a five-game European ban, one of which is suspended, for his conduct during and comments after the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona, UEFA have confirmed.

The former Chelsea boss has already served a one-match ban and another is suspended, meaning he will miss Madrid's first three European games next season.

Mourinho has also been fined €50,000 by UEFA's control and disciplinary body for his sending-off and comments after the first leg, while Madrid midfielder Pepe has been given a one-game ban, which he served in the second leg, for his red card.

Barcelona reserve keeper Jose Pinto, who was red-carded after a scuffle at half-time at the Bernabeu, has been given a three-game ban.

Last edited:
he should have been banned for a year he single handed caused all the hype that had both teams wound up for that first ch. lg. tie he is a disgrace to football with not an ounce of class , he wouldnt lace Guardiola's boots i hope to God he does'nt come back to the premiership

it did his reputation no good, he could have knuckled down and grind out a result at home to Barcelona. But oh no he had other ideas! its this side of his management that lets him down.

jv would you like to see him take over from fergie ? all my manu mates (i use that term loosely lol) are split on it

just use man utd instead hill

its 50/50. Id rather have Guardiola for his brand of football. must the time Jose is too tactical and wins ugly. rumors are that the people upstairs at united wont be happy if he comes to united

i meant mates jv lol yeah what team wouldnt want Guardiola, though with a team like he has there is only one way to play

Back