MSI Wind U100 Memory Upgrade

kama2k

Hello guys I was contemplating upgrading my memory from 1GB Ram to 2GB Ram to help improve performance and the speed in which windows completes tasks. However my netbook is a MSI wind u100 which has some limitations it has 1GB integrated memory on the Motherboard, which is difficult to remove and it has a spare ram slot which has a maximum capacity of 1GB. I was wondering
1. Would it be better to put a 2GB RAM inside the free slot and disable the onbard memory via BIOS
2. Is there any loophole past the limitations of the MSI wind u100 and achieve memory greater than 2GB
3. What memory type does the MSI wind u100 support, and can I in fact remove a 2GB RAM card from my old laptop fujitsu simens amilo pi2515 and use it on my MSI wind u100 are they compatible ?

Thank you any help is greatly appreciated.

Take yourself over to crucial.com first of all and run the scan their to see what type of memory is supported and what the max allowed would be.
You can i believe disable the onboard and install the 2GB staick of RAM instead

• Intel Atom 1.6GHz with Hyperthreading
  • 10" Widescreen with 10.1" 1024x600 LED backlit screen
  • Intel 945GMS northbridge (GMA950) and ICH7-M southbridge
  • 1GB DDR2-667 Memory
  • 80GB SATA hard drive
  • 3-Cell Li-ion battery
  • 802.11b/g Wireless and Bluetooth
  • 1.3MP Webcam and Stereo Speakers
  • Windows XP Home

These netbooks can be tricky getting the RAM out, sometimes its under the keyboard, if your lucky its just under the back cover but in a few cases the whole dam thing has to be taken apart to get to it so just be careful if you are upgrading and dont remove the wrong part.

Back