Need a little help on what box and so on

bladerfc

Hi there I'm soon ditching my sky deal and going to be going back to iptv which box would be the best for me will be used as my main TV source so I understand the box is only as good as the supplier of the iptv but not sure what box to get as there seems to be a few would also be using it through WiFi not hardwired is there any box that is better for this and also is it better to get a box with built in WiFi or would dongle do as good a job thanks in advance

I can't help you on the box front as using cable and never used IPTV, but always try and be hard wired as there are a lot of variables using wifi that can interupt the signal and cause glitching and spoil your viewing

If its just IPTV you're after then your smart LG/Samsung TV will have apps for it.
If you don't own a sammy or LG, then i suggest the zGemma i55.. its a box dedicated for IPTV use and nothing else... £50 incl. delivery

i would use a magbox. If you want the sky look use a zgemma i55. although other people are using different zgemma boxes the I55 is the only one built speciffically for iptv. mag 322 will cost around £60 and the zgemma around £50.00.

If it is going to be difficult to get a direct wired connection use a set of homeplugs they should work just as well.

Good Luck

The mag 322wi has wi-fi and works quite well but as mike123 said, TP links(homeplugs) work very well if you have any problems.

I found the 322w1 with in built wifi poor compared to using a mag 322 with a WiFi dongle. Easy to use and set up, don't see the point in people wanting sly skins just cause it looks nice or they prefer it.

I use a 322 in my garage. Via Ethernet
It runs very well approx 14 metres of cat7 cable, from the router to device . No issues..

I can't help you on the box front as using cable and never used IPTV, but always try and be hard wired as there are a lot of variables using wifi that can interupt the signal and cause glitching and spoil your viewing
I’ve never been hardwired always used tp links I never have any problems with glitching my advice would be to get the best internet connection I’m with virmin and always have a download speed of 200 meg

A MAG box will do the trick and a pair of homeplugs.

If you want a bit more flexabilty buy a decent android box something like a T95Z plus, with 3Gb of Ram.

You can add Terrarium which will give you box sets and films, all the catchup channels if you haven't got a smart TV.
dodgy netflix pass amongst other things.

Add STB EMU to it and it works exactly the same as a MAG for IPTV.

All the stuff you need to set up is on here. Both are pretty staight forward to set up and use.

Last edited:
I’ve never been hardwired always used tp links I never have any problems with glitching my advice would be to get the best internet connection I’m with virmin and always have a download speed of 200 meg
Virmin and a VPN or without VPN?

Twin channel enigma box for main use is nice. Uses sat dish and abm to get all the freeview channels which is handy if the internet/IPTV is playing up. Recording while watching another is also a good feature on these. More setup required than an android box is the downside I guess.

Formuler Z8 or Mag box's as above are good for IPTV only. I think only the formuler z8 has the 5Ghz band though. Also heard alot about IP bans on the mags?

Beelink GT King is by far the best wifi wise. Also ha s anew air point remote which makes using the likes of netflix and prime easier due to mobile android OS being used. A bit more setup required as it does not have its own tv software like the formuler.

If you have some coin to spend, Nvidia shield is a powerful box.

Back