Cable Need a little help

Hi guys need some help Im getting virgin broadband installed on Monday and would
Like to buy a Zgemma h1.. Problem is the router will be downstairs and the Zgemma upstairs can I do this or do I need to buy anything else or is it best to get router installed upstairs ??

But how will I get a tv signal ??

---------- Post Merged at 05:50 PM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 05:51

---------- Post Merged at 05:52 PM ----------

yes mate home plugs better then wifi

any reason router will be down stairs

Only place it can go

I've probably not described this the best way basically I want to buy a cccam for vm for the box but not sure how it will work

You will need to add your cline if it's a cline you want to use, you can request one of these in the cable section
"anyone recommend a good cable server 2015"
Im sure someone can help you there, you'll need it for all channels to work

don't buy a gift for 12 months, it will more than likely stop working
ask in the cable section, take a trial and get a month at first,

spit the cable from main brown box out side on wall

run a new cable from that to where ever zegmma is

then use home plug down stairs and up stairs to connect internet to box

spit the cable from main brown box out side on wall

run a new cable from that to where ever zegmma is

then use home plug down stairs and up stairs to connect internet to box

So put the splinter in the brown box then run a coax cable from the splitter to the Zgemma box is that correct ??

You should have a cable already in the property from the brown box, use a splitter from this incoming cable to the house, though it's best trying not to use splitters at all.

You should have a cable already in the property from the brown box, use a splitter from this incoming cable to the house, though it's best trying not to use splitters at all.

The old cable from the brown box has been cut as it was not needed at the time

---------- Post Merged at 06:41 PM ----------

yes you will also need home plugs to connect router down stairs to where ever zegmma is

Think I got some home plugs somewhere also got a wifi adapter

Wifi adaptor I would advise against. Homeplugs defo better. Yep connect the new cable to your brown box and feed of from that, should sort you out fella. Hope this helps!

sorry to hijack, I was wanting to do this but A) pay for an engineer to come out and (not a virmin one that is..lol) and run the cable out side the wall and into my room next door. B) running a cable via a splitter, thing is just had new carpet down, dang! sooooo, question, anyone ever tried a thinner cable after all it's a signal, not like fiber or network etc. was just thinking of a thinner friendlier cable that what it's normally like?

ta.

---------- Post Merged at 11:06 PM ----------

hey guys just been looking for a wif-range extender and come across these little beltas! :)

They do this, which for £10.00 is pretty amazing actually. (read past the translation though and you get me)

• Wireless Bridge / Client mode : In this mode , you can make your iP device such as sky hd box , dream box , iPTV , iP Camera Anytiem+ PS3 STB Become wireless connection to the wireless router , convenience for you to put the iP device anywhere , no worried network cable installation , it comes with TWO rj45 port , will allow you connected up to TWO iP device wireless to your current wifi network , Furthermore , the wifi router/repeater work as a repeater to extend the wifi signal to larger range and enhance the wifi signal strength , sharing internet with more device such as smart phone , tablet PC , laptop.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300Mbps-W...41336225&tpos=top&ttype=price&talgo=undefined

strawdog, you don't need to pay anyone to do it, its a simple job. at the brown box where the virgin feed is outside, my coax had a joiner in, which then led to my broadband at the router.
its just a case of unscrewing the joiner, and screwing on the splitter. put the coax that was already there back on and put your new length of coax with f connectors to your room next door. I drilled through the wall and fed it straight to my box, so if your box is near an outside wall you could do that without lifting carpets.

the wifi extender I know nothing about, wifi tends to be flaky on these boxes, so I'd tick with homeplugs at least.

Use the best cable that you can afford, 3db cable loss means half your signal has been lost so stay away from the cheap thin cable.

Back