Need Help Installing Motorola 3-D Reach USB Adapter

Evastar

TK Veteran
So got my new USB adapter, installed it with the cd, it says connected to the network and everything fine, but i can't get on the internet with it?

When i plug the old one back in i can access the net, but not with the new one. :( Any ideas anybody?

I guess it is safe to say that you have entered your passwords (if any) and that your internet connection is set to go through that particular device? Sorry, I am just not overly familiar with these devices and just trying to think of anything basic. I am sure others will get you lined out quickly. :)

Yeah, entered my wep key and have it connected to my network. Just when i click on ff or ie then it says i can't connect? :(

when you plug in the new adptor is it showing up in network Places is it saying limited connectivity

Check that it's 'Obtaining an IP address Automatically' in your wirelss device settings for the 3-D reach. Sounds to me like it's been set and needs to be changed to automatic. Thats why it's reaching the router but only giving you local access.
That happened me last time I installed one of those exact things.

sounds like the usb software(which is trying to connect to the internet)is having problems with the software built into windows which trys to take over internet connections. - can you try this Eva - Right click on the software icon which dhould be running in the bottom corner of your computer and choose "enable windows zero configuration" this should allow windows the rights to over-ride the software which is enabling the connection. then it should be a quick reboot of your computer and all should be fine
let me know if this helps.

Nothing was helping, i ran a windows diagnostic a few times earlier, didn't help, i ran it again there and it told me to switch the router of f and back on, which i did and its fine now lol

So when the downstairs pc got connected earlier, the upstairs pc disconnected lol, i ended up with both disconnected, even me resetting the router didn't work, i had to ring eircom in the end and they had it sorted in five minutes.

Reset the router, gave me a new eircom network to connect to and a new wep. He said he changed some security settings?

You'd want to change the WEP to WPA though Eva because that wep is easily found because its generated from your SSID which you should change also.

Back