1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Setting Up Hard Drive to Record

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by Openboxcy, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Openboxcy

Openboxcy Registered

Hi,

I have a ZGemma H2S box and have just bought a 500GB external hardrive. Can anyone help me set this up to record and to pause, rewind tv etc?

I tried following an online video but as soon as i tried to start the initialisation of the hard drive i got a long error message. I am running the Sky Q skin and Openatv.

I am total newbie to this so a step by step guide would be great. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. murdotechmob

murdotechmob Registered

Can you give an idea of what the error message says? Maybe take a photo of the error with your phone & post it. Also what kind of ext hdd is it? Is it USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

3. Openboxcy

Openboxcy Registered

IMG_3017[1].jpg

Hi, sorry i couldnt rotate the picture but this is the error message i get, also it is a USB 2.0 HDD. Thanks again.

4. asmad

asmad Registered

Try following these instructions.

1. Format a USB to NTFS...put USB stick into pc/laptop whatever u want to call it and right click. When list pops up click on format. Select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)

2. Put USB in the front of box. Press menu then setup. Go down to system and press ok. Next select storage devices and select initialisation. your USB will be highlighted and press ok. Initialise (red button)

3. Create swap file. Press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager. Press green to create>select 256 mb> wait until its finished then press activate (red button) then press yellow to autostart. Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.

4. Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to: /media/hdd. Press green to save. Then exit back to the start.

5. Press menu>setup>recordings & Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.

6. Press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device. Then press exit once (1). Scroll down to Download now and press ok.

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 PM ----------

Works for hdd or usb drives

5. Openboxcy

Openboxcy Registered

Hi,

Thank you so much, this now seems to be working. One last question, may be dumb but how do i find what i have recorded?

Thanks

EDIT: JUST SAW THE FILE LIST BUTTON

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016