New and really struggling

Your line was working fine with mgcamd 1.38

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 AM ----------

You aren't trying on a sky hd channel are you? I'm only asking you that because someone else was doing it the other week.

Last edited:
Tried all sorts of channels. Sky HD, Comedy Central, Dave, History etc.

I can see that another very helpful tekker has had your connection up and running, he had it working on mgcam 1.38. So we are really running out of options. Again a long shot but this happened with me setting up cable on Zgemma. If you've saved your line properly and restarted your cam, then try a reboot from scratch as in just unplug from the socket and plug back in. Might sound daft but sometimes a full reboot works wonders.
so try restarting your cam and reboot

I have been watching this thread a couple of days... and got to admit I am totally confused myself especially as dsayer tested your line.

4 days later and still no active line. This is painful. The information all seems to be in thread, you also mention you have read my barebones guide that has a full section on installing a new line. There is also the youtube video which seems pretty straight forward.

Are you sure you have followed all the steps outlined in my guide, outlined in the youtube video, outlined in this post.

Are you sure you only have 1 softcam active, whether it be Cam1 set to mgcamds or cccams. Cam2 should be set to none.

Personally I would just convert your nline to be used in CCcams as its much more simpler to install. (see my guide for instructions how to do this)

I always recommend you copy your line files to both /etc and usr/keys. No guess work then.

I would also try turning on diseqc on for tuner A. There was an old bug that was blacking out tuner a if this was set to no. Old bug, but might help.

Have you got 2 coax cables going into your box or just 1. If 1 you need to disable tuner B.

I presume you are clicking on start cam once you have installed your line?

Apart from that, I am as confused as everyone else.

---------- Post Merged at 11:10 AM ----------

Have you tried pressing the TV button and selecting a channel from the All channels bouquet. (in case your channel zapping an old bouquet)
Have you tried a fresh autobouquetsmaker scan.

Last edited:
I knew I came to the right place on this site. Everyone is being so helpful, I really appreciate your time and suggestions. I am now wondering if it's because I have my provider set to East Midlands HD rather than Custom. I will give it a try.

I knew I came to the right place on this site. Everyone is being so helpful, I really appreciate your time and suggestions. I am now wondering if it's because I have my provider set to East Midlands HD rather than Custom. I will give it a try.

You have it set so you are searching for all the HD channels needs to be custom to load the correct channels,

change to East midlands Custom and do a rescan

Last edited:

this should be your answer. we cant watch sky hd channels, so if your bouqeuts are all sky hd channels you won't be able to view any of them.

I'm hoping after the posts above we may have just found the solution to this fellas nightmare! lol

I really hope so. I think I'll go completely bonkers if I sit up late for another night trying sort it. You've all been great. More helpful than my line provider!

I really hope so. I think I'll go completely bonkers if I sit up late for another night trying sort it. You've all been great. More helpful than my line provider!

yeah but as your connection was tried and tested working, did you try the above steps re: east mids to custom and sorting the HD in your bouquets?

Do the standard Sky channels work? Can you find any within your EPG?

I know we often do things differently with these boxes, and I'm very much still on the learning curve, but I've set up a few nlines now with CCcam.2.3.0 activated in SoftCams and disable mgcamd. Then enter your line details in cccam.cfg file in /etc folder... i.e. N: your.server.net userhere password port 12345.......................

It's another option to try if you're still struggling with the newcamd route.

DW

WOO HOO!!!
It's working!!! It was the provider set to HD rather than custom. Massive thanks to everyone who has been involved in helping me! Nice community you got going on here.

Yea about time lol glad you've got it sorted if your using my backup have a go at upgrading to slyk1hd v3 happy viewing I'll delete your pms with your server details now you've got it going

WOO HOO!!!
It's working!!! It was the provider set to HD rather than custom. Massive thanks to everyone who has been involved in helping me! Nice community you got going on here.

Well that was epic! lol

Glad your sorted and well done to all the tekkers involved. We all have to start somewhere and its now your turn to help others hahaha

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

---------- Post Merged at 06:40 PM ----------

Well said garyth. I am meant to be having a break from techkings but i can't stay away. Its nice to help people.

Back