new box loving it...

Anst11

Hi guys, upgraded yesterday from a V8S and I have to agree with everyone - what a superb box.

After uploading from scratch and knowing sweet FA about anything, following wooshmans setup guide was superb and easier than I thought it was going to be. I am now up and running using the nice blue skin and it virtually looks and acts the same.

A few questions I haven't figured out the answer to yet, if anyone can help....

1) on legit sly, you can search for a programme using letters on the number-pad on the remote and spell the word you're after - then it comes up with a list of possible matches. very quick process. I haven't figured out if we can do this in the new v3..can we?

2) at the top of the screen is the tab symbols such as home, planner, recordings etc. just like you would do on sly...are these real? I cannot seem to use these icons.

3) Apart form the awesome blue skin and using it generally for tv..... what else is there that is useful? any plugins worth having/getting? I want to fulfil the potential of this box.

4) how can I hook up a separate motorised dish for other European satellite watching? I am married to a French woman and we currently use another separate 80cm dish and box for Astra 19.2e (I think) for French and German stations....wouldn't mind combining the two dishes to the zgemma if possible.

cheers if you can help.

Anst11

1) on legit sly, you can search for a programme using letters on the number-pad on the remote and spell the word you're after - then it comes up with a list of possible matches. very quick process. I haven't figured out if we can do this in the new v3..can we?
I think there is a way to search but I don't know it, someone will though if there is. V3 is the version of WooshBuild, which is nothing more than a backup of my box with a lot of work done to get it up and running like it does. The search facility will be part of OpenATV which is basically it's operating system to all intense and purpose.

2) at the top of the screen is the tab symbols such as home, planner, recordings etc. just like you would do on sly...are these real? I cannot seem to use these icons.
These are to look nice, but by using the previous and next buttons on the remote you will move along the Movies / Sport / Music etc

3) Apart form the awesome blue skin and using it generally for tv..... what else is there that is useful? any plugins worth having/getting? I want to fulfil the potential of this box. )
The blue skin is actually called Slyk HD 1 (not to be confused with BlueHD or whatever it is called) It was created by our very own Kiddac. He spent months perfecting it and making it the best Sly skin there is!

Press the green button to ee the plugins list. IPTV Player is your one stop shop for TV Series and Films either streaming or download and watch later. You can close IPTV Player once you have started a download(s) running

4) how can I hook up a separate motorised dish for other European satellite watching? I am married to a French woman and we currently use another separate 80cm dish and box for Astra 19.2e (I think) for French and German stations....wouldn't mind combining the two dishes to the zgemma if possible.
You can combine both dishes to the box. Tuner A would be Sly, tuner B would be the other satellite. You will need to change the preferred recording tuner though in recording settings.

I will second that these boxes work extremely well, certainly for me.

wooshman & co have certainly made it an easy setup and we are extremely greatful.

Not sure if it's any use, but i use an app on my phone called 'telly'mote. (Search for e2 remote to find it on the store)

It's not the prettiest app in my opinion (it could do with some pointers from the skinners on here ;)), but does the job really well.

If you swipe, you can change from remote control to channel list to EPG to recorded programs. (I believe you can also stream to your phone using this app, but i am only using the free version atm, so it's not included)

If you pull down, each page has a search function at the top, which i find very handy.

Couple of screenies..
IMG_2375.PNG IMG_2376.PNG IMG_2377.PNG IMG_2378.PNG

Daz

It does work remotely, albeit I haven't tried that side yet....

I would also say you can connect remotely to multiple boxes if you have them as you can set up 5 receivers.

Daz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back