New box, no channels/epg/signal

uphoriak

Hi all, new to this so please bear with me.

Background - S*y customer for years but dumping them and just bought a brand spanking new H2S.
Problem - no channels or epg.

Here's the process I went through.
- Brand new H2S, opened box, turned on to make sure it booted up (did nothing else)
- Powered down, unplugged sat leads from my s*y box (which works fine), plugged into H2S and flashed with latest wooshbuild and followed process right through (without line/cam etc)
- Step 5/6 is when things seemed to me to be going a bit ropey (scan was taking ages), after the scan my EPG was blank and no channels were appearing, was just stuck with the woosh build logo on screen
- Went into details/service and tuner A and B are both at no signal strength, no nothing
- Rebooted the box a few times, tried various things, reflashing, swapping sat cables over and ONCE I manage to get a signal strength of around 80-82% on tuner B (nothing on tuner A)
- Run a scan and manage to pick up 8 channels (looks to be mostly BBC), but when going to watch them signal is broken/pixellated
- Swap cables between tuner A and B with same signal strength results (so not a cable issue I think), then reboot and back to no signal at all. Rescanning - no channels.
- Put cables back into S*y box to check I haven't broken them somehow, and S*y is still working fine

Any ideas or things I can try? I'm going to try and head to a mates house (he has a Vu duo) to see if I have any more joy using his dish/cables or if he has any other ideas, but anything I can try in the meantime would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello. I seem to be having similar issues. I have not flashed the box yet, literally just plugged it in and connected all the cables. I was expecting to receive some FTA channels but I'm getting nothing.

Did you manage to sort it?

At the moment looks like it's possibly a faulty tuner, but I'm waiting on a replacement to confirm that's the case. In my case it looked like Tuner B was working, but not tuner A.

If it helps, I went to Settings > Service > Tuner Configuration and switched tuner A to "not configured". Once I did that then I got *some* channels. Soon as I enabled tuner A again everything went blank!

Hello. I seem to be having similar issues. I have not flashed the box yet, literally just plugged it in and connected all the cables. I was expecting to receive some FTA channels but I'm getting nothing.

Did you manage to sort it?

The box comes from china Dude and has nothing scanned in uk. U have to set it up before getting anything

Gents theres lots of reasons for stuff.
Best click start new thread in forum and everyone will pitch in with individual fixs for each thread.
But u need to give as much info as u possibly can.
What have u done so far step by step and where ur having difficulty......in detail. Otherwise people wont be inclined to help as much

Back