New HS.2 with Openvix on it?

Bought what I thought was gonna be a brand new untouched box and planned to put the wooshbuild on it, however it's arrived with what seems to be Openvix 3.03 already flashed on it with Sly Skin.

I let it find channels etc last night but not much else and I didn't put in a usb hard drive which is probably why the EPG wasn't very good and I found the menus abit clunky.

So I'm I best just flashing one of the Builds here from scratch and factory resetting box or is there anyway I can't just update this one I already have to the latest?

You can just reflash with wooshbuild as u had originally planned. Dont forget to backup ur line first, because when u flash it will wipe everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just reflash with wooshbuild as u had originally planned. Dont forget to backup ur line first, because when u flash it will wipe everything

Thankyou, is there anyway I can just update the box to the latest Openvix build as I may as well try this while it's already on the box?

Openvix cant be updated ota on zgemma boxes due to it being a patched firmware, and if u tried u would very likely brick your box. Youre best moving over to openatv/wooshbuild as then ull be able to update that ota in the future, plus flash new versions of the build online so that you dont need to do it via usb stick again.

No u dont need to factory reset it as the reflash will do that for u anyways

Back