NEW Kryptview A780 struggling with flashing or loading firmware.

The cable side isn't as reliable as the sat side.

KV server tends to have their good and bad moments, channels disappearing
then coming back in a day or two all by themselves is another one
to look out for.

All you can do is run it over a few months and see how you get on.

It is usually down to the load on the server, like any other system
you will get glitches during busy periods, such as the last games of the football season
for instance yesterday, when lots of people are viewing.

Sometimes it may be a bit of maintenance too.

Some servers seem to cope better than others. Cable boxes are tied to the KV server
so you can't shop around like on the sat side, but as you know there are no subs
to pay with this box.

So channels were playing up again last night.. Must be OK now and even got back man u TV and prime sports.. oh did I say say man u ... I meant man city... Sorry bees... Only joking bro...

alright guys back again. box has been working fine but was just wondering if there is any way too delete specific channels on the KVA780? i want to delete the hd channels as they dont work and its really annoying me skipping threw them all the time.

also seen this on ebay and thought it was cheap for a phantom box can anyone see any problems with it
HD Phantom Cable Box | eBay
and are they just as easy to set up as the kv.
thanks guys

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 AM ----------

alright guys back again. box has been working fine but was just wondering if there is any way too delete specific channels on the KVA780? i want to delete the hd channels as they dont work and its really annoying me skipping threw them all the time.

also seen this on ebay and thought it was cheap for a phantom box can anyone see any problems with it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-Phantom-Cable-Box-/141282404803?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item20e51669c3
and are they just as easy to set up as the kv.
thanks guys

If you compile a " favourite " list then you won't need to flick thru them all is the only way Ziggy I think..! But it only picks them up in case you have the HD model..(flash gits) and the firmware i presume is similar or one firmware does all.. Either SD or HD... Cheaper for mass production..!! And not had any dealings with phantom boxes myself but you have to pay a small sub that much I do know..check the phantom threads in cable section in here and then have a think.. Ted

cheers again ted your a great help. i do remember reading somewhere about making a favourites list but as usual I forgot.

last couple of days ive had channels disappearing and get left with like 4 channels or something. i just turned box on and off again and it sorted itself out however i have to do reset the box at least 5 times over the weekend is this another thing that just happens or could there be something that is causing this?

its just one thing after another :0

unless others posting we dont know if its everyone or just you.what way have you lan connection done?
phantom has no sub to pay at first as its all in the price of box 2 years for sd 1 or 2 for hd to be verified .

are you on correct net id i would ask?

If your only left with 4 or so channels when it goes off I reckon its your internet playing up... You can check next time you lose channels... Look at the back of kV box where the Ethernet cable plugs in and it should be flashing orange/green.... If not then that's the problem as everyone else seems OK throughout kV land or we will be having a tk meltdown ! Ted

hi there and thanks for the replies been busy lately so not had time to read up on stuff was wondering where i can check my net id to see if it is correct. lost channels again last night but forgot to check the light at the back. not really had a chance to look into this just getting on here quickly so all helop is much aoppreciated thanks again guys and sorry for being a pain

If your in Dundee then use that one.. But if not then you need a vermin box..Menu..Home..Tech stuff/diagnostics and top line is net id.

yeah im pretty sure im on dundee unless it has somehow changed which i doubt. its still been happening and its quite strange the channel i am watching never disappears but sometimes when i go to change channel up it will jump all thwe way to a random channel for instance im on 514 and i press up and then it goes too 211 or something. earlier today the channels all seemed to still be there but they kept changing there order so sky f1 was in between sky sports 2 and 3. turning power off then on from remote seems to fix it but its starting to get annoying seems a bit better now but got a feeling it wont go away. will keep you updated and will check net id and stuff thanks again ted peace

figured out how to delete channels for anyone that is interested.

press ok on channel you want to delete then press menu once you have the channel list on screen (make sure the highlighted channel is the one you want to delete)
then scroll down 3 times to select delete channel press ok then press ok again on the channel you want deleted (you can scroll down and select as many channels as you want to delete) once you have selected the channels you want to delete press exit and you will get a warning message just press ok then all channels selected should be deleted.

managed to get rid of all the HD channels so they dont get in the way when im frantically channel flicking. :yes!:

box seems fine from last night done a factory restore and reloaded channels. now no hd happy channel surfing for me

Last edited:
We like that Ziggy..passing on what you found about deleting channels.. Folks will be pleased..and glad you got sorted... And Rossi is 2nd in moto gp and Lorenzo was giving Marq a hard time.. Love it.. Up the Yamaha's..! Ted

always good to give a little back mate especially after the help ive been given. hopefully someone will find it useful.

but and there is always a but i have a new problem or query.
friend of mine wanted a kv but also wanted to keep his vplus box so he could record things on it. is the only way to do this to get a coaxal splitter so we can set up both boxes? would this affect the quality of the single (i imagine it would). or is there anyway to get virgin to set up another coaxal without too much expense. or any other such ways that i havent thought off.
thanks again peace

You can just use a splitter.my neighbour has one vermin feed but runs 2 kV boxes from it. One in living room and other in conservatory.. And both show different channels and quality is still good. So if you just swap one for a vermin box then it will still record and watch his vermin channels ( basic package of course.!!!) And then watch premium on kV box... Sorted.. Ted

Back