New Red Wii

biffo122

Her Indoors has gone out against my advice ( which i'm not surprised, as i'm not listened to anyway) and bought the new red wii for the sprogs for xmas. I set it up and it has 4.3E software on it.
QUESTION: Does anyone know if there is a softmod for this version yet. ( if not I will have pleasure in telling her she has to bring it back and exchange it, please make my day)

Yes there is but you will need a game and time look HERE

Added after 13 minutes:

Yes there is but you will need a game and time look HERE

Last edited:
Yep,as far as i know,its an exploit that only seems to work on the originals,your new wii will have the d2 drive that wont allow burned disc's to be played anyway,xtravision should have a copy

hmmm, good question! i thing it should be the same hardware inside as the old ones!
just the the cover is in red!
wright????
LATER OUTLAW

Around July 2009 all wii's that were shipped came with the d2 drive that would not allow burned discs to play,i have heard of only 2 black wiis capable of playing them,usb loading is your only way and i have to say the best way

our wii has a usb loader but it does accept burned discs. Which reminds me i must take it to my friend to update it. It often asks if i want to update and i was told never say yes, my firned will do what ever updates are needed. Apparently if i update i could loose everything.

I was thinking of getting the new red wii - only coz i love the colour red, but wasnt sure if it could be modded to use my hard drive or not.

yes it can, but it is not as simple as the earlier firmware versions. I do know a man who can do it though and he will be in kent for new year lol

Dont tempt me lol suppose he will want beers lol! thing is as nice as the new red one is its going to be no different to the one we have and as i dont use it - got the wii fit but board is tucked away ( as you do ) lol so really wasting money by buying a new one

you do remember that I am Irish, so that will be a lot of beers, a lot cheaper to pay someone to do the Wii LOL on a serious note, yes it is just the same Wii inside different packaging.
something that you might like to think about, though not necessarily from this supplier (Wholesale Shell Case Full Replacement for Nintendo Wii /for wii full housing shell case red with brand)
cheap at half the price (y)

@Anto what are you suggesting? lol
Don't give him the Beers till the jobs done Linny lol

now that looks like a cool sensible idea lol! they do a nice gold one or even a camouflage one! with P&P to UK its only about $20 US

mm could go for black as it will go with rest of items in their rooms
oh god now you got me started lol!

as for beers and cheaper to pay someone - totally agree lol a box of locusts is all my mate charges me ( £2.50 ) LOL!!!!!

I'll not eat locusts, no matter what you say, it is quite easy to change the skin... .... ... and much cheaper(y)

Update on red wii:
I softmodded my red wii with the origional version of indiana jones. I have homebrew on it now, but I still dont have a usb loader for it, so that i can play games from external hard drive. any suggestions where i might find one

Update on red wii:
I softmodded my red wii with the origional version of indiana jones. I have homebrew on it now, but I still dont have a usb loader for it, so that i can play games from external hard drive. any suggestions where i might find one
check out the Nintendo forum think there is info on there on loaders - sorry not sure but there is info on how to mod etc so im sure its there somewhere. IVe not got a clue what to do as someone did mine for me, sorry Biffo

what you are best off doing is saying what you are using(seeing as i was speaking to you) to softmod your Wii(who's version) and where you are getting stuck as you cannot skip all the other steps, they must ALL be followed one by one and in the correct order for your Wii to be "softmodded", at which time you can worry about what loader you are going to use.

[FONT=&quot]These are the instructions that I followed to softmod my red wii:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prerequisites [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]SD (NOT SDHC) CARD[/FONT][FONT=&quot] formatted as FAT16 (FAT) or FAT32. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]SD card reader [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures game, that has been booted at least once [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Some homebrew to load (e.g. the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]HackMii Installer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step by step [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](OPTIONAL)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] If you have an existing Indiana save. MOVE it to another SD CARD. [/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Copy the "private" directory from the Indiana Pwns download to the root of your SD card. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Take your homebrew and put it in the ROOT of your SD card as "boot.elf". [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on. [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Go into Wii Options -> Data Management -> Save Data -> Wii. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Go to SD card and select the "Indiana Pwns" save that corresponds to your game region.
    NOTE: Some people are having problems with the Wii not "seeing" the save file on the SD card. If you are experiencing this, try setting the archive bit for the data.bin file. In Windows this can be either be done from the file's properties dialog (right click on it in Windows Explorer and check the box) or from the command line using "attrib +a <path to data.bin>". More info at #wiihelp on Efnet. [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Copy the save to the Wii. [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]Boot LEGO Indiana Jones. [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]Load the saved game you just copied to the Wii. [/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]When the game loads, you will be in Barnett College. Walk to the Art Room (through the Courtyard), approach the left character on the podium. When it zooms on him, choose the switch to option (two silhouettes, staggered, with an arrow pointing between them). [/FONT]
After following these instructions I ended up with homebrew installed on wii.
after that I put an apps folder which I had for another wii v.4.2
I tried to install IOS 223 and I kept getting an error and it didnt install.
Im now looking for a new wad manager and usb loader. will update if I find them and get them to work.

Back