New Skin Slyk 1 HD (aka bluehd2) Version 1 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
20151013_134230.jpg does anyone know if theres anyway to remove that keyboard type when setting a timer/??? no problem if not, i just dont like the placement of it :/

does anyone know if theres anyway to remove that keyboard type when setting a timer/??? no problem if not, i just dont like the placement of it :/

Yeah I think I should do that screen pretty quickly. It doesn't look good. Does it not go if you press the text button on your remote. I will try and skin/align that section properly tonight.

after a little playing around ive also managed to upload slyk 1 radio mvi the pic mvi isn't the best quality loving the picons to radio.jpg radio1.jpg

cheers for the reply.. i pressed text and it stayed there. lol. be amazing if you can make it look all pretty when you get the time :grin:

Orr I've had my first crash going through channel select too quickly ok after removing picons it does seem to be faster but not sure if its down to the speed of my hard drive

Last edited:
Just tried it on a Mini Solo running ViX Apollo 166 and it's visibly slower than both default and "Blue" skins. It is an old Chinese box and limited memory which may also contribute although I suspect the older image is the major factor. It's the only box/image combination that I've noticed a slow down, everything else (Including Vu+ and GigaBlue boxes) are good with both OpenViX 3.2 and ViX4E2 images.

thanks for all your testing Lincsat all the information on different boxes is good to know. As originally stated this is designed primarily as a personal project to reskin my zgemma because I thought some of the original skins could be a lot better. I am doing my best to make it work on some of the later more commoner boxes and firmwares but I haven't really got the time or desire to make this project work smoothly on everything. If it works on other boxes that is a bonus, if it doesn't maybe other people in the future will pick up where I left off. There is nothing major graphic hungry in though compared to other skins so its strange it seems slow.

---------- Post Merged at 06:47 PM ----------

Orr I've had my first crash going through channel select too quickly ok after removing picons it does seem to be faster but not sure if its down to the speed of my hard drive

Picons lasted a few days on my box just for testing. Sky doesn't have them. I don't need them. That picon set I included in my download folder is very good, but I think its just too complete, it's huge. I kept running out of memory. Presumed it was the picons, so got rid of them.

Great work kiddac loving the new skin, is there a way to change the graphical epg to show only one and a half hours instead of two and a half? This will help to show all the text. I have looked through the menus but not sure what half of them mean.

Last edited:
Please keep this thread skin related. I am getting over 50 emails a day due to all the threads I am on, it's hard to keep up.

---

Quick update of what I have been up to. Tonight I have been skinning the information pages (again... I lost my first lot after a crash)
About / Devices / Memory / Network screens have all been skinned.

Tomorrow I will finish the Service screen and skin the Timer Entry page because as outlined in a previous post, the keypad helper text is randomly placed over the menu text.

After I have done that I will be uploading a new ipk so people can then have these new amends.

Last edited by a moderator:

What location should these be FTP'd to if I wanted to use this?

Please keep this thread skin related. I am getting over 50 emails a day due to all the threads I am on, it's hard to keep up.

Quick update of what I have been up to. Tonight I have been skinning the information pages (again... I lost my first lot after a crash)

About / Devices / Memory / Network screens have all been skinned.

Tomorrow I will finish the Service screen and skin the Timer Entry page because as outlined in a previous post, the keypad helper text is randomly placed over the menu text.

After I have done that I will be uploading a new ipk so people can then have these new amends.

Great! :grin:

btw, what exactly do you mean when you say buttons record buttons, + and - 24 change if we add the epg tab files uploaded by a fellow user?
button mapping is more like sky as opposed to the default we are used to?

Last edited:
Sorry not able to give you the updated file tonight. I ran out of time. I have now finished the information pages and 90% done the the timer entry and timer overview pages. They were a bit more fiddly than anticipated.

(work in progress)
timer-entry.jpg

Last edited:
Great, allround clean Skin, although I prefer the PVR / Recorded movies GUI in Sky Blue HD, other than that this is better runs great on ViX 3.2 Release 10

New IPK file added to my download folder on first post.
** 15/10/2015 Download File Updated: **
** All the information pages have now been skinned **
** some of the timer pages have been skinned **

Please let me know what unskinned pages you would like me to tackle next. All the ones left are a bit of a pain, so suggestions for which screens to do are welcome.
Please post screenshots of what screen you are referring to... whether on this skin or referring to something you like on another skin.

Don't ask about the EPG tabs, there way down my list of things to do.

Ta.

Last edited:
New IPK file added to my download folder on first post.
** 15/10/2015 Download File Updated: **
** All the information pages have now been skinned **
** some of the timer pages have been skinned **

Please let me know what unskinned pages you would like me to tackle next. All the ones left are a bit of a pain, so suggestions for which screens to do are welcome.
Please post screenshots of what screen you are referring to... whether on this skin or referring to something you like on another skin.

Don't ask about the EPG tabs, there way down my list of things to do.

Ta.
I think myself and Waynec would love the PVR / Recorded movies GUI to be skinned next :grin:
What about everyone else?

Don't worry I won't ask about epg tabs again lol
All jokes aside I'd like to see the planner/ recordings gui skinned next.
Keep up the good work.

I presume this is the screen you get when you press the filelist button. Because on openatv, this just goes to advanced movie center plugin. I don't really use my box for recording so let me know how you are getting to this screen mentioned above

enhanced movie center.jpg

Apologies as this is a little off topic but I really like these picons in the screenshot you posted, is this on the picons download list and do you have it's name?

To get back on topic, the file list button for me brings up an unskinned menu (was using Metrix HD before)? Not that it bothers me, everything works, this skin is fantastic & quick and it's not even finished. Looking forward to the updates to it too! My box hasn't crashed at all since I've done your Guinea Pig guide and I don't find the picons slowing the box down. They did take an age to download though!

Having a few issues with my line though! very similar to the example in the fast n loud build - used to email when I get problems don't get a reply, perhaps an occasional auto-reply and then they miraculously come back! once or twice this has meant me being offline for a few days yet still within the gift period - Again, apologies for going off topic I'm just after some direction with this and keen to know if anyone has similar issues

Finally, I know how long it's took for your skin to get this far, and it's seriously good! It's a pity how there's the occasional audacity for complacency on here! Keep up the outrageously good work Kiddac!:peace:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back