new update for a780

Many thanks, i keep trying to update via the box but get to 100% and doesnt do nothing and freezes, i've tried turning off box and router, tried late at night. so seems i'll have to manual do it.

Dont forget Jj6201 if doing manual flash..correct null modem cable is essential.. a "borrowed one" may just break you so if in doubt..lincsat nick nacks.. 2.99 all in... 100% right cable.. take it from me and everyone else i have sent there for the same cable and to this day no problems at all..!! Ted aka null modem king..

I have not long just manually flashed it after trying to find a loader. Its now back up and running. :)
Thanks.

A trick i found with the A780 was when i was trying to update the box over the net and it wouldnt start, was to turn the box off and then back on at the back and this usually worked.

I ran update on this box yesterday online and it went through no problem at all. Ensure factory reset and rescan is done after update. If anyone is still having problems please post details of current firmware version.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Done 4xA780 today over blower and all updated and scan,net id all sweet. Come on BTsport and Bautista took the Dr out today 2nd bend at mugello..what a fish..!! got to wait 2 weeks now..(sorry Barry)

Just keep trying, sometimes it takes a few goes,reset your modem & router & try again, or if it does not start downloading switch box off & back on @ the back as this sometimes makes update start.

We have tried all of them at his house and mine it fails to start the update ?? Thanks for the teply

im using a usb and null cable but everythin i try and download the software i get downloading is not requested does anyone know wots wrong

Are you using a superhub. And big bird download not requested means its already on latest and why would you need a null modem via usb to download an internet based download and install. If your going to ask for help please ensure all information provided that helps people provide an answer or suggestion.

box has to be powered off at rear first,its all on the stickies and how to use a usb adapter.
i thought download not requested was from manual flashing incorrectly

There is no usb ports on the a780 so now am not even sure what box they are using unless it maybe a usb to serial adaptor. But a think you might be right about download not requested being trying a manual install now that I think about it and if this is correct it would he the serial port not responding and likely a driver issue which us common for these usb to serial adaptor. So glad I never binned ma 20 year old Dell laptop with serial port. What software is currently on the box please provide version number and date. Be better to look at why it won't update through remote assuming its nor first flash since bought.

they are using new laptops with only usb ports available and not setting them up correctly,all in the tuts to follow first [ they dont ] hense the error,plenty of boxes are not updating through the lan and they were told to manually reflash it like when they first done it.

hi,my upstairs box updates without any problems,but my downstairs box says downloading and unzipped but i cant get some of the stations, even some freeview.i can get the sports but only some movies and the kids stations are sticking.i can get everything on the upstairs box and have tried swiching the boxes around but still have the same problem downstairs.Any ideas?

bad cable or splitter,if you did the upstairs box there,online update and factory reset/rescan and all works,did you bring second box upstairs and do the same and all works,but moving downstairs you get problems would suggest cable issues or lan cable?

Back