new update for a780

Bad feed via splitter etc could cause issues on even freeview BBC etc are they jumpy or poor when downstairs? How is the internet fed to faulty box is it home plugs or long LAN cable or what?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Just re read that and you have advised freeview also jumpy so defo a feed issue. These channels BBC etc should work fine even with no internet connection. As cactikid says virgin cables splitters and connections all need check and if splitter in place disconnect and feed straight cable and re check your freeview channels that where failing.

@bigbird, are you using windows7 or vista? if so that may well be your problem, i was having the same issues with null/usb cable on my windows 7 OS and getting the download not requested messege, tried it with windows xp and whalla it flashed first time.

How much r the a850 hd boxes and do they come just as a plug in?

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 AM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 AM ----------

Have a read on the forum all the information is there a 1000 times over :banghead:

recently when going to update my 780 box, i went into the menu and the box would freeze and also when changing through channels it would totally freeze as well and i would have to do a hard reset.

can anyone help me out, does anyone know the problem???

btw i am on the latest firmware etc.

When your screen freezes i bet you have a black screen with a coloured pixalated box in top right or left hand corner...and on the box you will get a single digit displayed...welcome to KV but just switch off at mains and switch on again and all back to norm... but its still free..!!

try doing the s/w online update as some reports say its back working.

Thanks Cactikid. Just sat all week without channels. followed your advice above without disconnecting anything and all channels back after reboot. Appreciated. Said it before, Brilliant forum, just deals with the problems and everyone shares fixes without the nonsence on other forums.

Just update via the box ensuring it is connected to the internet. When youu factory reset the box and install all channels again make sure its done by having the main internet cable wire connected not any splitters. Otherwise you wont get all channels.

Just updated mine - it's all good, it's guuuuuuurd! :)

Back