New vu+duo

Hi. I have just got a vu+ duo for a friend, I have just set up a cloud ibox 11 plus. I never had a hard drive in the ibox, I used a usb pen for my epg. Do I need to do a swap file with an internal hard drive for the vu+?
Thank you

I got to the bottom of that problem, on to the next one now. On my ibox I have a skin that makes it like sky, does anybody know if you can do it with the duo+?
Thank you

Back again. I got the skin done, got cross epg doing now next and later. My next question, how do I get cool epg on to the box. I download it and added it to tmp folder, I then went to media scanner and found the file. I installed the download, I can't find it though. Can somebody tell me where to look for the installed file?
Thank you

if you have vix mate you have epg and autoboqets

---------- Post Merged at 08:22 PM ----------

menu - setup -system epg will be there

This is what I get in epg.
settings
load/save
multi epg settings
single epg settings
infobar epg settings
graphic infobar epg settings
graphical epg settings
cross epg
xmltv-importer

Thanks

I have the cross epg working, I am trying to get the cool tv epg working, cross only gives me whats on now, I am trying to get the bars.
Thanks

Sorry dude. Couldn't find u. Its he same as ur other box if u want to read it from there.

Menu
setup
system
epg
settings. Set this up to/media/hdd
auto refresh yes
refresh every 24
Autosave yes
save every 24
Etc etc.

Then exit once
crossepg
configure
enable csv no
schedule once a day
schedule at 05.30 or whenever
exit once
open tv providers. Select skyukopentv.
save.
exit once
download now.

---------- Post Merged at 09:33 PM ----------

lol the epg button on remote dude? No?
also dude I dont have one of these so maybe better listening to the guys in here in case I steer u wrong.

Last edited:
I have done all that, it works. I am trying to get the cool tv guide instead of cross epg, was it that sucm that you helped me with to get it like sky epg?

I can't find it. I also tried to ftp file to temp folder, then installing it from media scanner. When i went back to media scanner and looked in temp folder it has gone, it has to be somewhere on the box.

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 PM ----------

Think I have it, I was trying to install it from the wrong place.

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ----------

I can see it now in downloads, I have gone through the setup. It is still the same, I have the blue hd skin running, could this be effecting it?

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ----------

Sorted, I only set it up to work with red button.

Is it ok to add mediaportal, livefootball and ondemand plugins? I added mediaportal and it said there was an update, is it ok to do updates on plugins?

Back