Newbie needing help with flashing and mgcamd

Snapper93

TK Veteran
Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the world of Cloud ibox and E2 to be honest. I have got a Cloud Ibox2+ and it seems to be installed with VIX 3.0 Build 806. At times it crashes a lot and can't update TSmedia etc. The info on this forum has helped me a lot with the basic understanding (so thanks to all those Yoda people out there!). I read that Vix 3.0 is no longer supported and updates for plugins etc will not work, is this true?

I was going to try my first attempt at flashing with Sucmnsee's image of VIX 7/7/14 and just wanted some advice on how I would go about inputting a line for mgcamd? I have it in as Config file but I read that mgcamd is more stable? Apologies in advance if this issue can't be disscused -but grateful for clarification?

Thanks dumbguy, will give it a go and see how far I get as this is the first time I've tried to do this. Is it best to backup my current image first?

Any advice on mgcamd input at this stage or will I leave the line in cccam

---------- Post Merged at 01:55 PM ----------

having problems downloading the file dumbguy. First of all the download site is in german and i think it said I've reached te limit, even thhough I only tried to download it once. Any ideas or other source for this image file?

Download from here Vix Apollo 022 Cloud ibox2+ SkySkin - Downloads - TechKings. It's on THIS website (no German involved).
And yes, I would always recommend making a backup first. I also recommend preparing the usb stick first with the low level format tool also available on this forum and using a usb3 stick if possible.

---------- Post Merged at 02:14 PM ----------

Personally I found cccam works better with cloud ibox but mgcamd works better with skybox. Just personal experience though.

Translated site to english and looks like I need to wait a further hour before trying to download again. So will wait until then and hopefully I get this worked out lol

---------- Post Merged at 02:16 PM ----------

When I click the download link it brings me to a site called uploaded.net - is this correct?

No click on the link (the bit in blue) I posted #4.
The site you are using seems to be a copy site and MIGHT contain malware.
The link I posted is from the Downloads section of Techkings and is exclusively in English!!!!!

I did that Dumbguy - clicked on your link in #4 and then it brough be to the page that has a download button on right hand side. I clicked on that and then it brought be to uploaded.net? Not sure there is anything else I can do?

Ok, I just tried that link and it is redirecting to a german site (very strange). But I downloaded it and it is our file so OK to flash.

Thanks - thought I was going crazy for a minute. That uploaded.net site said I must wait and hr before I can download using a free account. So will try then

Sorry might change the link to dropbox/goofle next time. Anyone know if they're share is allowed as link in downloads?
And I find cccam better on ibox too.

Last edited:
First of all - thankks guys for advoce so far. Managed to flash with Apollo 022. Just wondering, when I try TSmedia I don't see sports devil anywhere and when I test a stream on the 'offside streams' channel in net media and sports none seem to work. Shows the list of sports channels on Sly but none seem to work. Any ideas?

---------- Post Merged at 06:56 PM ----------

Also, when I go into setup - skin setup the box crashed and rebooted?

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 PM ----------

How do I set up the channel list so that BBC1 is the HD version for my region. I have gone into Autoboquet Makers -providers -and turned all regions off accept mine and choose the HD version for my area. But when I reboot the Sly HD channels are not in the same order as original Sly. For eg SS1 is showing on 401 instead of 409 etc and BBC1 is not teh HD version for my area, but the SD?

Haven't tried any of the sports streams so can't help with that. Setup autobouquets from the cross epg menu and should work fine. Most people set up as SD (the fta hd channels still work but are in different places), as the HD channels are no longer available.

If you want to you can manually move by

↓↑ epg
Highlight the channel u want to move
Menu
Enable move mode
Press ok on ch to be moved (turns red)
Use ↑↓ to move
Menu
Exit move mode

Yes, but the picture quality is appalling.
Can't do anything about that as it is the quality of the stream itself.

If you want to you can manually move by

↓↑ epg
Highlight the channel u want to move
Menu
Enable move mode
Press ok on ch to be moved (turns red)
Use ↑↓ to move
Menu
Exit move mode

Thanks Sucmnsee -tried that. It does move ok, but it doesnt keep BBC1HD at 101. It just names it 1 and moves BBC2 to 103 etc, so it seems to move the channels down a few -unless I'm doing it wrong of course

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 PM ----------

Haven't tried any of the sports streams so can't help with that. Setup autobouquets from the cross epg menu and should work fine. Most people set up as SD (the fta hd channels still work but are in different places), as the HD channels are no longer available.

Dumbguy, I went into Autobouquets Maker providers and switrched my region to HD but it still shows BBC1 SD at Ch 101?

I don't use the Autobouquets addon from the Addon menu (it does not work properly). I use Menu-System-Service searching_Autobouquets maker-providers. That one works. Just choose your local region (plus I add Republic of Ireland too as that adds Setanta, RTE etc. to the epg).
That should give you what you want.

And once u move bbchd to 01 deleting the sd one or moving it to where hd was not work?
Dont forget after scanning or changing channels, the first time u must turn over using the epg button to reset it.

I don't use the Autobouquets addon from the Addon menu (it does not work properly). I use Menu-System-Service searching_Autobouquets maker-providers. That one works. Just choose your local region (plus I add Republic of Ireland too as that adds Setanta, RTE etc. to the epg).
That should give you what you want.
That's the method I tried - but still showing 101 as BBC SD even though I have region HD selected. It is also showing all the SD channels before the HD ones even though I have HD selected int he region

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 PM ----------

And once u move bbchd to 01 deleting the sd one or moving it to where hd was not work?
Dont forget after scanning or changing channels, the first time u must turn over using the epg button to reset it.

I moved BBC1 HD to the Ch No 101 and moved BBC1 SD to CH141 (where the HD version originally was). I then came out of move mode and pressed EPG and it shows BBC1 HD as Ch 101 but has moved the BBC1 SD version into the place po BBC2 even though I had it at CH141.

---------- Post Merged at 11:57 PM ----------

I moved BBC1 HD to the Ch No 101 and moved BBC1 SD to CH141 (where the HD version originally was). I then came out of move mode and pressed EPG and it shows BBC1 HD as Ch 101 but has moved the BBC1 SD version into the place po BBC2 even though I had it at CH141.

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 PM ----------

And when I use the CH+ or CH- buttons BBC1HD id called CH1 and then straight aster that is BBC1 at CH40 and then BBC2 at CH103 (confused.com lol)

Are you moving it in a fav list like entertainment or in All Channels? It needs to be in moved in both for what I think your after, I think ( but never felt the need to do)

Back