Newbie to IPTV curious about prices

I am completely new to IPTV and was wondering what a good price on a service is? I'm from the US. Not asking for a service provider just asking what is a good price? Also do the providers offer discounts for longer subscription such as 3 or 6 months?

From the USA you say? :unsure:
It was a rarity for Americans to join and ask about iptv....until the past two weeks when an entire grand canyon full of em turned up.

You don't get a discount for buying a longer subscription, it's just cheaper than buying short ones. Like buying a pound of crack is cheaper than a gram(me)

Isn't that the same thing? Like 10 dollars a month and a 6 month subscription is 50 dollars.
Yes but it's not a discount.
You're being penalised for purchasing shorter subs.
But it's less risky, taking a year is cheaper but it could turn out to be crap and you've got 11 months left to run.
Just take short subs for the first couple of payments, then take longer ones.
Trying to save 50 wingwangs at this stage is false economy

I buy 3 month sub £18. I could save a little by going 12 months but what if provider closed with months left to run. So I stick to small inputs and if things go TU I will move to new supplier. Come on Shrewsbury.

American you say?

71p1anMqU+L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

To answer your question, a sub with premium quality streams but not including VOD can currently be found for £10 per month/£55 per year.

A sub with standard quality streams (uk sports in 30fps etc) and regularly updated VOD movies and series can be found for £7 per month/£35 per year.

A sub from popular Chinese website with varying quality streams, extensive VOD but very disorganised channel lists and seems mainly aimed at foreign audiences starts from £1.48 a month.

American you say?

View attachment 94351

To answer your question, a sub with premium quality streams but not including VOD can currently be found for £10 per month/£55 per year.

A sub with standard quality streams (uk sports in 30fps etc) and regularly updated VOD movies and series can be found for £7 per month/£35 per year.

A sub from popular Chinese website with varying quality streams, extensive VOD but very disorganised channel lists and seems mainly aimed at foreign audiences starts from £1.48 a month.
Hmm, perhaps I'm overpaying then lol

Hmm, perhaps I'm overpaying then lol
You pay a higher price if you go to an iptv provider that you can Google and they've got a professional looking website that you buy from and a place you raise tickets for issues.

If you're buying from an individual you're basically paying whatever their markup is, which is obviously their right to sell at and your choice to buy at. I know a guy who sells standard iptv subs with regularly updated VOD movies and series, he pays £12 a year for the sub and sells them for £35. He only sells to people he knows or through personal (ie real life not Internet imaginary friends) recommendations. People who sell to strangers through forums, social media etc are obviously at higher risk of getting caught so you might see them charging a higher price to reflect that.

Last edited:
As stated above, sub prices can fluctuate, cheap subs can seem more appealing in the current climate but I've often found if you buy cheap you buy twice. That's not to say you should be paying over the odds but the £55-60 price range for a solid 12 month service is around the sweet spot.

As stated above, sub prices can fluctuate, cheap subs can seem more appealing in the current climate but I've often found if you buy cheap you buy twice. That's not to say you should be paying over the odds but the £55-60 price range for a solid 12 month service is around the sweet spot.
Spot on that’s how I know it buy cheap buy twice.
I’m not going to say all cheap or Chinese subs are crap as haven’t had one and know a few that use them.
Some sellers can do subs cheap as there on unlimited panels hence 25-35 for year.
Then you have sellers who pay as you go and charge upto 60-70 mark for a year

Spot on that’s how I know it buy cheap buy twice.
I’m not going to say all cheap or Chinese subs are crap as haven’t had one and know a few that use them.
Some sellers can do subs cheap as there on unlimited panels hence 25-35 for year.
Then you have sellers who pay as you go and charge upto 60-70 mark for a year
All Chinese subs are crap :LOL: Joking aside i did get a few trials and they were all dog poo just 3 million channels in one long list.

I would say £60 to £75 a year for a good provider that gives a good service with very few issues. I have been offered subs for £30 a year but I've been there and done that and you always get issues .Tell them about issues and they tell you it must be something your end as it's perfect their end. Blah Blah Blah.

I would say £60 to £75 a year for a good provider that gives a good service with very few issues. I have been offered subs for £30 a year but I've been there and done that and you always get issues .Tell them about issues and they tell you it must be something your end as it's perfect their end. Blah Blah Blah.
More than reasonable for a decent well supported service. Come on if it was £75 its less than £1.50 per week which is peanuts.

Seen a few doing £18 a month now. Not sure what there like. But to me that's dear

To be fair iptv is a sellers market these days, most resellers have been in the game a while now so they can set whatever price they want as satisfied customers tend to stick with the service they're with and also recommend the service to others which keeps customer numbers ticking over.

To be fair iptv is a sellers market these days, most resellers have been in the game a while now so they can set whatever price they want as satisfied customers tend to stick with the service they're with and also recommend the service to others which keeps customer numbers ticking over.
have to agree with that, problems arise when buyers jump on £15 a year brigade bandwagon and then it tarnishes the good providers when it all goes to pot. There’s too many cowboys in the game at the minute

have to agree with that, problems arise when buyers jump on £15 a year brigade bandwagon and then it tarnishes the good providers when it all goes to pot. There’s too many cowboys in the game at the minute
I paid £25 for a 12 month standard iptv sub (for my kids bedroom tv) with vod movies and series, from an established seller who I buy my main sub from, he's been in it a long time so I know and trust him.

I've always found good value subs to run alongside my main one tbh, had one at £18 a year that was 2 connections for a couple of years, so it's not necessarily the price that should be a red flag.

I don't buy long subs when starting out, a month sub and get in their support group, you can tell after a month if they're competent resellers and if the service meets your requirements but I'm a very low maintenance customer for any seller tbh, very rarely go to them with issues that I need help with.

I paid £25 for a 12 month standard iptv sub (for my kids bedroom tv) with vod movies and series, from an established seller who I buy my main sub from, he's been in it a long time so I know and trust him.

I've always found good value subs to run alongside my main one tbh, had one at £18 a year that was 2 connections for a couple of years, so it's not necessarily the price that should be a red flag.

I don't buy long subs when starting out, a month sub and get in their support group, you can tell after a month if they're competent resellers and if the service meets your requirements but I'm a very low maintenance customer for any seller tbh, very rarely go to them with issues that I need help with.
Ive had same one for 5 years+ 2 conns, pretty much flawless, vod is outstanding 12 months £25. No point in sending any pm ref provider as I wont reply. Just pointing out theres no need to over pay people.

Back