no network ID .... already exsists?

kevtb61

after doing a facory reset and s/w update ( which is updated to the latest version ) and doing the automatic search on telwest, chanel type search NETWORK i get the message of list network ID already exist a total of 11 . then it say complete and thats as far as i can get . tried several times doing the up date , factory set, and auto search to no avail any help I would be greatful..

you have checked box has updated,are you 100% sure you are tw and not another,scanning from direct feed no splitters or extensions,i would also check for local issues with vm.

what box is this you are referring to is it a A780 or A850 i suspect the message is not "no network ID.....already exists" but just "list of network ID ...... already exist and it is a A780 but looking for clarification. If my assumptions are correct then this is perfectly normal after it searches for list of network IDs and see's they already exist it will bring up the list in town /region format for you to then select from list hit GREEN button and search begins. just did one here to verify and even a factory reset mines says exactly as above. if this is not happeing on your box please clarify exactly what stage it gets too.

if you scan on wrong provider,do you get the already exist as per normal? but sounds like the 780 is not going any further because of not finding any fresh info.

Nothing to do with wrong provider I got same message which am sure user will confirm gets the same and am scanning using correct provider and thinking back am sure its not new to see this sometimes when doing a scan, may change if vm change there infrastructure however. But should be able to proceed as normal after this point. If we get more details will hopefully be an easy fix.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

my point was if you factory reset and scan wrong provider will you still get 11 already exist,as i dont have a box i cannot check.

Sorry mate not sure what you mean by provider but to hopefully clear up what I implied I just after a factory reset ran a scan on ntl (my normal provider is telewest) and yes it still said already exist although I only seen 7 not 11 this time but it found no channels ex c&w found no networks and chorus just the 2 all no channels so appears wether or not correct provider is selected message is the same however will only get channels if correct previous provider is selected. Then it brings up towns and selection for netid etc and then searches for channels.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

yes mate provider is as you say, ntl,c&w,telewest and chorus.so the already exist is still there on wrong provider,hence why i tell people never assume you are scanning correct provider as things are changing.

I'm new to this site so hi all,I've been having problems with "already exists" for last few days,I get 7 of them I've tried all providers but ntl is my norm,it then says complete and won't give me a net id to click on,it then starts scanning but finds only 8 tps,the signal strength starts at 77 then goes to 56,signal quality says 0 so presume they have reduced my signal which is why it won't find net I'd,I only pay for bb and phone line which both work fine,all f/w is up to date,gonna take box round mates later who has full service and see if it works then,had different boxes for years this is first time gone down

That's right so either there's a prob with vm in area even though service says good or they are reducing signals,seems strange quite a few people having same probs,or could it be f/w which is unlikely since its only a few with the prob

Have you checked your vermin cable connection going into box..? Have you had this box working before at your place.. what date is your firmware.. menu.. system info..should be 17/06/2013..

the already exist is normal in my area it will go to already exist 3 times then show the area network id inside an orange background
if you scan without the signal connected at all in my area it may go to already exist 7 or 8 times and list 8tps with no channel.
so after factory resetting it if you dont find your network id then you may have no signal or a faulty tuner inside your box

Have you checked your vermin cable connection going into box..? Have you had this box working before at your place.. what date is your firmware.. menu.. system info..should be 17/06/2013..

Yes mate cables in ok,had box working for last 2 years reflashed with f/w 250613 then upgraded to 170613,I've also just taken it round a mates who has a full package and it still won't scan and finds only 8 tps and says already exists ,was working till I rescaned it a few days ago after losing fta channels

well a simple test would be go through the same process without a signal connected at all and you will get the same result 8tps found and that will confirm your box has a faulty tuner..
im not touting for business
its not that uncommon we have had repaired the tuner in a good few of the 780s fault symptoms are no signal or 8tps found or glitching on fta channels

Factory Default will give the area Net ID options it will need to be done a few time to achieve area.

didnt your have vm bb and that was working ok for you and didnt you try using that signal from vm router for your box and had same problem .
i seem to have read your problem on another forum

the already exist is normal in my area it will go to already exist 3 times then show the area network id inside an orange background
if you scan without the signal connected at all in my area it may go to already exist 7 or 8 times and list 8tps with no channel.
so after factory resetting it if you dont find your network id then you may have no signal or a faulty tuner inside your box

it didn't work just round mates who has a full signal so can't be that,tuner maybe. But with other people having same prob seems a bit of a coincidence

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 PM ----------

Factory Default will give the area Net ID options it will need to be done a few time to achieve area.

Mate I've been doing it for 5 days now

---------- Post Merged at 03:56 PM ----------

didnt your have vm bb and that was working ok for you and didnt you try using that signal from vm router for your box and had same problem .
i seem to have read your problem on another forum

That's the one mate

ok so its safe to say its not a signal issue as your mate has the full package and your vm bb is working so as a last option if you no someone with a working kv do a box to box channel data transfer then try it..
you may get it back working by keep doing a factory reset as the tuner does suffer dry joints but you will struggle next time you factory reset..
vm are changing a lot of tps around and changing the qam rate on a lot of channels as they is more hd channles available so your tuner may have been ok before the changes but no longer able to cope with the changes hence the reason it was ok before and not now
the a850 was ok when first released and didnt need the recent mod before vm started changing qam rates from 64 to 256

Back