Cable No picture but works on another TV

Sanjhere

Hello All,

I set up a ZGemma for someone on my TV but when they plug it into their TV they get no picture. They can't even see the menu of the ZGemma when plugged into their TV.

I have checked the HDMI cable, tried different HDMI ports but still the same problem.

Their sky works but not the ZGemma cable.

I am totally confused with this.

Has anyone got any suggestions please?

do you have the correct net id working in the box? is the box used in the same area as yours?

Is it the resolution on the box, is it set to 1080p and their tv is 1080i? try looking at the a/v settings if their tv is older

Hello Garyth,
Yes, the NETID is exactly the same.

Hello Gmantg4,
The screen resolution is set to 1080, their TV is very old, could this be causing the problem?

Last edited:
Hello Garyth,
Yes, the net is is exactly the same.

Hello Gmantg4,
The screen resolution is set to 1080, their TV is very old, could this be causing the problem?

Would it not be better advising them that the whole point of having this Zgemma box is to enjoy the benefits of full hd viewing, seems a bit of a waste to be watching it on such an old tv

Hello DSayers,

Thank you - I will try that but I have now checked the TV model number, Panasonic TH-46PZ81B and it can handle 1080.

Garyth,

I say the TV is old but I do not think that they can justify spending a few hundred on a new TV as they are on a limited income.

The strange thing is that they were able to watch the TV through their ZGemma box before but now for just over a week, they just get a black screen! Whereas on my TV (Samsung) it all works perfectly.

I actually re-flashed the image on the box thinking the image might have been corrupted but still no joy.

Last edited:
You say it can handle 1080 but is it 1080p or 1080i? If it's only 1080p and box is 1080i then the tv won't recognise it

Hello Channel,

All cables are connected properly. When connected, it all works perfectly on my TV but not his. (It used to work then suddenly stopped!)

Hello DSayers,

I went back to his house again and the box works when using the av wires but still not through the HDMI! The TV is a 1080p and not 1080i.

What should I select through the av settings? Auto resolution or another setting?

Have you tried another device using the same hdmi cable and port it sounds like an issue with the hdmi port on the TV if the box is working fine at yours

Thank you for replying so quickly DSayers, I have tried their sky and firestick through the same HDMI port and they work . . .

---------- Post Merged at 08:27 PM ----------

Have you tried another device using the same hdmi cable and port it sounds like an issue with the hdmi port on the TV if the box is working fine at yours

There are 3 HDMI ports on the TV, they all work with other devices but not the ZGemma Box.

I know the ZGemma HDMI port is okay as it works on my TV

Hello cactikid,

I have just tried the box on 720 and still no luck, just a blank screen again but selecting source av works. . .

what tv? maybe if it's a smart tv it may be causing a connection issue its strange how it works on another tv. As for the solution i'm not sure. Maybe disable universal remote setup

Hello DSayers,

No, it's not a smart TV.

This has really stumped and frustrated me. It works okay on my TV (using HDMI) and on the AV setting, (Red, white and yellow cable) but not on any HDMI ports on his TV! .

Changing the resolution to 720 has not resolved it. The strange thing is that it used to work and did so for a whole year before it stopped . . . .

Back