No picture on Virgin.

cowen1000

Hi guys.

Ive got a weird problem.

I cant get tv picture or sound on Virgin using any image (wooshbuild / sucmnsee etc).

I have setup tuner correctly and auto bouquet for area. All Epg shows correctly but no tv pic even fta not showing. Ive even done manual scans which find over 400 channels but still no pic. Im running mgcamd 1.38.

Ive never had a problem with Sly, can set that in minutes.

Any ideas?

very strange that you cant get fta channels like bbc1 sd?
was it working before or you only just set it up?

You have the cable plugged in via adapter right?
DSC_0168.png

could this happen if the wrong net id is used? he states abm is scanning but the channels arnt working so i cant see it bean a cable issue.

---------- Post Merged at 08:19 PM ----------

as dangerous said give us some more info and we can help you better

Last edited:
Yes. Ive connected to tuner b via adaptor. As said, ive tried a few images, sucmnsee, wooshbuild etc, all have same results. Ive setup loads of these boxes for sly using various images with no problems. Im trying to get this one working on Virmin. I understand setting bouquets , cross epg etc and also know about different cams. But just cannot get box to show tv pic on any channel. It works fine if i set it up for Sly so there is nothing wrong with box..

It finds all channels doing a manual scan and all epg is correct, just no pic or sound.

and the box you are using has a live cable feed and cable tuner?

looking at google ant in ?

Last edited:
Yes its a live cable feed otherwise it wouldn't be finding channels!
Yes im using correct tuner (tuner b) otherwise it wouldnt be finding channels!
Tuner b is set correctly (dvb-c), tuner a is disabled.
Auto bouquet manager set to correct area. All channels scanned correctly (101=bbc1 etc)
Mgcand 1.38 installed and running with line attached.
Epg shows correct bouquets with correct channel listings.
Net id set to 0004 cardiff, which is correct.
On mini epg when switching channel, signal , program information etc shows correctly etc.
But no tv picture or sound on any channels even FTA!

Ive set about 20 of these up for Sly with no problems so im not a complete noob lol.

Last edited:
Ive now tried on 2 new boxes using 4 different images and get exactly the same results...

It seems the tuners are to weak in them as my signal is only 29%

Any way around this?

Last edited:
Have you tried another mg_cfg file?

No, does that make a difference? I thought it was only to do with cam for line. Surely it wouldn't affect fta channels...

@bangord
I have selected virgin uk as provider., it finds 350+ channels amd 77 radio. All is set correctly afaik. Just wont show tv pic even on fta. All my epg/ mini epg are spot on.

Last edited:
Have you tried another mg_cfg file?

No, does that make a difference? I thought it was only to do with cam for line. Surely it wouldn't affect fta channels...

@bangord
I have selected virgin uk as provider., it finds 350+ channels amd 77 radio. All is set correctly afaik. Just wont show tv pic even on fta. All my epg/ mini epg are spot on.

The only reason I ask is I've helped a few guys out lately who have had an incorrect mg_cfg file set up

But that wouldn't affect FTA channels would it? I thought mg_cfg was to do with cam/ line for premium channels.

Ive tried 4 images (whooshbuild, sucmnsee, hades and a bare open vix). Ive tried on 2 brand new boxes. The cable feed is direct. No matter what image I use, I get the same results (no tv pic, epg perfect, channels scanned perfect).

Has anyone got a full working image from Cardiff area I could try?

I'm quite sure no channels will work until your line clears. You have an issue somewhere, how long have you had the line, have you confirmed is working elsewhere. Have you tried another mg_cfg file. Where did your current file come from?

Line is sctive. As said i have connected and flashed about 20 of these on sly without any problems. I get all my lines from same place. Boxes were brand new before trying to put them on Virgin. Ive tried everything. No FTA channels show although manual or auto scan finds 500+ channels. Epg shows correctly, clock on front of box is correct so its definitely getting signal. Doesnt matter what image I use, I end up with same result

Think I'll give up on virmin and just stick to connecting sly. It clearly doesn't work.. Ive spent about 30 hours flashing/ scanning etc and cant get tv picture. Fta channels should come in without any line or mg_cfg file, so that's definitely not the issue

Last edited:
Back