No picture on Virgin.

Just to confirm you should get some FTA channels like the news ones Bangord30 has mentioned. (i didn't realise this)
Is the cable feed your using to the receiver been connected to a VM receiver in the past or is it a new cable that you have put in off a splitter ( have you split the feed going to the router)
Its sounds to me you have a problem with signal strengh

No channels work. Not even news. Cable feed is direct. No splitters anywhere. Only 1 box in house so feed isnt split. I used to do sv7's without any issue. Also used to do nagra 2 cards (unlooping etc) so im no complete noob!

The feed is my v+ box feed, works perfectly on genuine box.

Last edited:
Sorry mate I'm stumped!

Yep. Me too. Cant understand why it finds all channels but wont even show fta channels. If fta channels were showing then it would be a problem with line, mgcamd or mg._cfg file. I could sort that but as it doesnt show anything im stumped. Ive tried 2 boxes just in case one was dodgy but none work.

Last edited:
ok dig out your v box and get the correct info from engineers part,i think wrong info inputted maybe?if you put feed into ant in what happens?

V+ box works fine. I use it all the time. On Zgemma the Net Id is correct, auto bouquet manager is set to correct. All channels is epg show with program description so its definitely getting signal from feed. Mini Epg shows channel and info etc but the tv picture just wont show. 4 images/ 2 boxes = same result..

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 PM ----------

Why is that relevant to me. Im connected to Tuner B, hence it finds all the channels!

tried ant in?

ant in is a cable tuner like on old pre n3 boxes,you have nothing to lose if you dont try it

Last edited:
update vm cable only goes into rf in not lnb which is sat and only 1-5 work on sd on cable side without a working line.

Did anyone get to the bottom of this issue, I had my VM working along with sat feed but now only sat is working so no HD channels, I thought it was a splitter issue, so connected a new one and still the same I have changed net ID as there is two for Wirral, but still just get black picture on VM HD channel, my line provider gave me a test line to try but still the same any help would be appricated,

Massive thanks to bangord30 taking the time and an awful lot of patience with my equipment lol but he got there in the end

---------- Post Merged at 11:40 PM ----------

I still don't know what you to sort it haha

Matc aren't you using my image? Did you replace when adding the line? Im just concerned that I have a faulty mg_cfg file in my backup.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back