'No Signal' on just a few channels

PAulSat

Hi everyone.This is my first post on here.I have had a V8s for a couple of months and it works great,gift too and I cannot fault it other than the clock is out by 3 mins (a firmware issue I believe which we are all experiencing)

Anyway what had happened is that a few channels are now coming up as 'No Signal' mainly Setanta Island,Premier Sports and True Movies.All others that I watch are fine.I have one of those magiwands and it hasnt made the slightest difference so I am thinking mabye those channels have changed frequency hence the loss of signal.

My channel list is from Dec 2014.Would I need to update it to get those channels back? I am wary of updating it as am worried I might lose what I have if it goes wrong but I have learned you have to update everything yourself on these boxes if u want to keep them up to date.Mabye a full rescan of all the channels would work too but again wary of losing what is a fabulous gift do far.

Suggestions?

Scanning for channels won't effect your gift.

If you scan to the box straight from the sat you will just get a big list of channels, the frequencies will be up to date
but they wont be sorted into groups.

If you use an up to date channel list it will do something similar but will be nicely grouped.

Have a read here

It will still apply to later models.

Welcome to Tech Kings !! (y)

Back