No signal on Sony Bravia

nizpatel

Ok guys please bare with me on this one.

Zgemma H5. Was working fine then Sunday morning no audio. Tried the usual steps still nothing. Thought it may need a reflash so tried to flash with latest image. Box loads upto 49 then signal on TV cuts out. Tried on 2 different TV's same problem.

Ordered a new box Zgemma H2H thinking the H5 is faulty. Uploaded latest image, tested everything worked fine. Unplugged and plugged it into desitination (Sony Bravia). Guess what. No volume. Restarted box, changed HDMI ports on TV and now loads upto 75 then signal cuts out.

Please can anyone shed some light on this???

Sounds like something with in the default
Settings of the sony effecting the enigma
Box Have you tried setting the sony
back to default

Sounds like something with in the default
Settings of the sony effecting the enigma
Box Have you tried setting the sony
back to default

Yes I did a factory reset on it yesterday. Now i get a picture but no sound. Plugged in an old openbox and I get both picture and sound.

There is a possibility this has happened with the Zgemma H5.

But the problem still exists with the Zgemma H2H (new one)
You may have done something to HDMI input of TV, try a different device, also, try your zgemma with AV

You may have done something to HDMI input of TV, try a different device, also, try your zgemma with AV

I have tried a PS4 and it works fine. I am going to try an AV cable.

Is there a chance the HDMI element on the TV has become faulty?

You may have fried the HDMI on the zgemma then,
Other than that, check and double check the settings in zgemma, and make sure audio is set to HDMI

Have you tried changing the resolution on your zgemma to 720p/1080i as opposed to 1080p which i assume you have it set at? or have you messed around with the zgemma audio settings?,also even tho the hdmi ports are working on your tv which does seem strange, i would still have a play with the sony tv audio/video settings, should also be able to update the software on your tv which is also worth a try.

To make sure the hdmi port on the zgemma is ok , simply plug it into another tv or a pc with a hdmi input.

Another option for you if your set has it is an hdmi to component lead,something i have never had the need to use so unsure if/how well they work !
eBay item number:

On a side note, i had issues at the tail end of last year with an evo t2/c when i upgraded the open atv software on it from 6.0 to 6.1 where audio then failed, worked fine b4 upgrade and i tried everything too, luckily the box was replaced out of warranty because i had good relations with the company i bought it from so look closely at the software you are using on your box which i,m afraid i aint familiar with.

T
Have you tried changing the resolution on your zgemma to 720p/1080i as opposed to 1080p which i assume you have it set at? or have you messed around with the zgemma audio settings?,also even tho the hdmi ports are working on your tv which does seem strange, i would still have a play with the sony tv audio/video settings, should also be able to update the software on your tv which is also worth a try.

To make sure the hdmi port on the zgemma is ok , simply plug it into another tv or a pc with a hdmi input.

Another option for you if your set has it is an hdmi to component lead,something i have never had the need to use so unsure if/how well they work !
eBay item number:

On a side note, i had issues at the tail end of last year with an evo t2/c when i upgraded the open atv software on it from 6.0 to 6.1 where audio then failed, worked fine b4 upgrade and i tried everything too, luckily the box was replaced out of warranty because i had good relations with the company i bought it from so look closely at the software you are using on your box which i,m afraid i aint familiar with.

Thank you for your detailed response.

I connected both Zgemma boxes via scart and they obviously work. I then changed the video settings to 720p, tried the HDMI port and still nothing. I cannot change the audio settings as I am not getting a signal via HDMI.

The TV was also reset to factory settings.

I tried the both boxes on a different TV and the same thing! But the Zgemma H2H is new, was set up on a different TV (worked fine) then plugged it into the SONY and the problem occurred. I then tried the H2H on a different TV and there is no signal.

I fear both HDMI boards on the boxes have blown, something in the Sony causing this.

Back