*Noob* question maybe ? DLNA HELP

naya191d

Hi all , got v8s and wondering how to get dlna function working ? might be asked before but i cant find it ..not totally new to dlna but new to v8s any help ...HELPS ....

CHEERS...

If you get it sorted, please tell us all---I thought I had it sussed but no. It seemed to work once then nothing.
I thought I had these boxes all worked out lol
Reaper.

DLNA is limited using the openbox apparently mpg files work however, their are problems with avi and other files.

DLNA is limited using the openbox apparently mpg files work however, their are problems with avi and other files.

Maybe another noob question ?!!?...

I can play (1080p/720p) avi , mkv , mp4 , divx files with no problem from my hard drive connected to it through the media player , so why cannot it play through dlna ? if media player has got the right codecs it should take it over no ? ...

please someone get the dlna sorted !!! ...

AND I WAS BETTING REAPER HAD THE ANSWER !!! BUT SADLY NO !! keep trying matie :)

Hey ---give me a break, I'm getting to the antigue stage of life. [Plus I'm severely partially sighted and doing things that I shouldn't i.e playing with files etc] As Mike says the mpg files work and I have had avi work on 2 occasions but beyond that, it's no no. There has to be a smart guy somewhere on the forum who can drop a tutorial in simple english.
Reaper.

Hi reaper and naya191d

I have looked all over other forums the answer seems to be the same if you want to use dlna on a open box with windows media player you will basically just get a black screen unless you use mpg files. who knows if you use a different media player you may have some success however, no one as far as I can see has found a solution. you must remember you have purchased I basic box and for the money it is good value although I don't use them. if you want the answer to your problem buy a full Linux based box and you will be able to stream any file you like via a number of methods. I personally just create a mount point to my pc one folder for movies and another for music using the vix image.

thanks reaper / mike123 ..bit more q's for ya both

ok ..hmmm ..so im using jriver as my dlna server ..same as MIKE123 ( eg.movies/music/pics in respective folders on comp)...so you suppose that might work with a zgemma s2 or h1(im getting 1 on tuesday) for example ?

as for my v8s box.. jriver does not even pick it up on the network ?

sorry for elongating this post .....

it will defiantly work with your new box best just to create mountpoints to your pc I will help you when your box arrives for now though to make things easy create a folder called media and put your movies,pics and music in that.

ok great ..thanx mike123 and reaper ...but this aint the end of getting the v8s up and running fully on dlna !!!

thanx for that mike123... get ready for some tutoring once i get my zgemma box ;)

Back