1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

only 1 coax, spliiter?

Discussion in 'Satellite Installation' started by simba, Dec 10, 2016.

1. simba

simba Registered

Whats the easiest and cheapest way to enable my zgemma h2s twin tuner to record 1 channel and watch another at the same time, when I only have 1 coax cable coming from the dish?
    Thanks in advance
    simba

2. lancable

lancable T K Veteran

best way run another cable from lnb

you can not split sat feeds

3. simba

simba Registered

What would you use a satellite splitter for then? if you cant split sat feeds?

4. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    I have one of my feeds split to a sat card in my pc but I can only use it when the box is in standby and not recording.

5. lancable

lancable T K Veteran

i say best option less problems run extra cable from lnb

but your choice mate end of day

6. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

exactly 1 tuner=1 lnb,octo/8 outlets at dish lets you have 8 single tuner or 4 twins.
    play it safe and not blowing up something using splitters and live power feeds.

7. Pale-Rider

Pale-Rider Registered

About the same use as tits on a nun ??.

You can't split satellite feeds without very expensive distribution hardware, doing so risks damage to both receivers / LNB. at best you could use one of these splitters to split the feed but only one receiver could use the feed at a time and only while the other was in standby with no use of the tuner at all or better still turned off.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  8. fintaneduffy

fintaneduffy Registered

you can buy what is known as a "stacker destacker". cost over 100 euro though, so worth it to run an extra cable from lnb if at all possible.

generally the twin cables are so thin now, compared to single coax, they can replace the single coax comfortably, so i tied the twin to the single coax and pulled the twin cable through, voila.