Openbox expertise required

garyth

TK Veteran
Guys, I'm helping a guy set up his Openbox, channel list is updated, receiving fta, gift is tip top as I've tested it, is there any settings on a brand new openbox v8s that may require adjusting. Box continually saying scrambled, any help would be appreciated. I thought I seen a post with check DHCP
TIA

The recommended setting for DCHP is "ON", but when I changed modem, I had to change it to "OFF" for it to work when turned on.

Check if the weather app in network apps is working ?
DHCP is in network settings.

The last V8s I set up from new had the WIFI setting on instead of Ethernet !
Have you checked the internet settings ?

Yes its on ethernet setting .im connected to a dlan box that plugs into seperate room then ethernet from that to skybox should i be on wifi setting ?

I assume the DLAN box is the router ?
Try turning off and rebooting the whole Internet system.
You need to prove that the connection you are using is sending a signal to the Openbox.

no internet going to box u need to get internet going down cable do what last post says did not see that post

Thanks so much guys ive got to go back to work now for couple of hours ill keep you posted on how i get on i will look at internet connecton when i get back .thanks again been pulling my jair out with it ..

Firstly, a big shout out to all who contributed to this thread whilst I was at work. Not a 100% sure on what this dlan set up is. Is it not possible to just fire in homeplugs?

Back