openbox v5s SCRAMBLED

stevie-g

Hello ALL

I recently bought a new line which I entered on my two boxes one is a skybox the other is an openbox V5s the skybox works fine but the openbox is about 80% scrambled and I have tried update channel patch and multi satellite search with no joy.

Many thanks for any advice
Steve

Hi Stevie-g

I am fairly new to the Skybox and had bought a new line off eBay however it did not last more the 2months when it stated it would be ok for a year, hence can you point me in the right direction for obtaining a new line.

Thank you

update firmware save line first as u will lose it then menu upgrade by network ok to connect then select tp prog sky uk ok to download should update channel list mind and put line back in box after firmware update and get update here Downloads

I have gone into upgrade by network have done a firmware update then a TP prog and still not working

Would you recommend restore to factory settings?

I have gone into upgrade by network have done a firmware update then a TP prog and still not working

Would you recommend restore to factory settings?

If you do a full restore make sure you copy your line details as you will loose everything in the restore, its always worth backing up your line files and your box once its working just in case anything happens. You should follow the advice from above about updating your box and contacting your provider before doing a restore.

yeah he said I could use same line on 2 boxes

That will both connections from the same router (in your house) so you should be getting channels on box boxes then. try an update again or load the latest channel list via USB and see if that sorts it.

Sorry to butt in but I too have scrambled channels (all except fta channels) My tv has been broken for about a month during which my then current line came to an end. I bought a new line from the same provider but it hasn't worked. I've updated channel list and firmware (used ajsat and openbox.co.uk respectfully) and internet seems ok but still no joy. Can anyone suggest what to do next. Keep it simple please as not blessed with technical ability or patience. Many thanks in advance for replies. Jason

I have same problem and have updated channel list, provider says every thing fine his end... its driving me mad

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have same problem and have updated channel list, provider says every thing fine his end... its driving me mad

Have you rebooted your router, powered down the box. Now power the router back up, once fully functioning, power up the box.

Just tried that again even though I have done a couple of times ... still not working

Just tried that again even though I have done a couple of times ... still not working 

then my friend you will need to contact your provider and see if he has any issues his end. Then decide what path you would like to go down.

Then I would request a test line from the correct section in this forum, if that works your line provider is fobbing you off and I'd demand a answer explaining that yor setup is fine and that other lines work just fine except his line, its easy for a line provider to claim all is well but unless you have access to another box to try that line on you need a different test to confirm your setup is working or broken

Thanks garyth. Provider says all is well his end and gave me a new tested line to try but still no joy. Not sure what to look at next. Is there anything I should check regarding the box set up as it has been unplugged for a few weeks?

network setting check Ethernet is active as had same prob on someones box were wifi was active for some reason (they were adamant they hadn't touched setting) worth a look

Back