Openbox V8 PRO

Yes please, instruction on cable setup will be much appreciated.
Any idea's how I can sort out my channel list, please?

you need to sort your own favs for now, when on sports hit ok, then yellow for favs, select a colour for sports, blue I think and go through them all...............................................................................................................give us a shout when done and let us know how it went. Just done some myself and taking a break lol

A few boxes left--last shipment for two weeks due to Chinese New Year holiday----if you want one then pm me asap.Please note that no profit whatsoever has been made by me on these receivers, they have been sold at cost + P&P.
I also have a very few of official wifi dongles in stock.
Reaper.

PM only please.

Last edited:
Have 3 boxes installed and running so far.
All users have commented on the good quality of the picture the box provides.
One box connected by Ethernet and perfect.
Two boxes connected using the official dongle. Router located on third floor in house. One box on first floor and another on second floor.
Both connected straight away without any problem and are running fine.
Great value for the money.

Reaper , as you know I'm running one of these boxes ... What does this list do ?
Your saying cable list is that different to a channel list ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was downloaded from support site as a cable channel list but our good friend garyth tested it---didn't work so I have deleted it to stop any misfortunes.
Reaper.

Quick question to all users, has anyone managed to transfer any data from their usb to the box? When I tried adding the channel list, it wouldn't allow the option to highlight choose file.
Ive also noticed when trying to upgrade connex via usb like the old v8s, it doesn't seem to work either.
Just putting it out there!

Yes m8--I've updated firmware and installed lines via usb with no problems----but I'm staying on the sat side of things not cable.
Reaper.

So when it says data stored by inserting the line, where is the data. I tried the channel list provided the other night, I could change the top file but I was unable to drop down to the file below to choose which file I wanted to upgrade. As in the channel list!

Using a usb for line, after data is taken you must save then on next screen you have do click apply or data will be lost.
On using usb for new firmware you need to set top line for User.db or All files then drop to next line and select the bin file then down to start. If the file cannot be read from key then no drop down.
Reaper.

I must have issues then as I used both these sticks on a v8s numerous times. When I dropped that bin file onto my stick the other night I done as instructions said, but could not drop down to the next line to choose a file.
Just wouldn't give me the option to drop down, why have they changed so much in terms of camds setup and simple channel list update?

Hey fellas, is the EPG on the Pro fixable to show now and next etc?

---------- Post Merged at 03:53 PM ----------

you need to sort your own favs for now, when on sports hit ok, then yellow for favs, select a colour for sports, blue I think and go through them all...............................................................................................................give us a shout when done and let us know how it went. Just done some myself and taking a break lol

started this with mine and got bored mate

will have to pay one of the kids to sit and sort it

It's not your keys or box--I just rigged a spare up and tried that file--it's a no go.
Reason things are different--it's called progress lol---such a lot packed into a small box means things change---you have to go with the flow m8.
Reaper.

Change epg to satellite or internet depending on your wants.
The remote is a copycat style---go to support site---instructions---page 3 for remote pdf download.
Reaper.

Change epg to satellite or internet depending on your wants.
The remote is a copycat style---go to support site---instructions---page 3 for remote pdf download.
Reaper.

Thanks reaper, but not sure i get it with regards to epg. currently I dont even get a title for whats on just says ''The'' but I get the blurb about the programme. There is no now and next etc

Is the support site the link you posted above?

Back