Openbox v8s date stuck on 25/11/1903

RatMan123

Hi All,

I have just bought a new OPenbox V8s and tried to set-up the 7-day EPG but can't shift the box's date from 25/11/1903. I have upgraded the firmware via the online internet option and still no success.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Darren.

***Using XMLTV Epg***
If you are going to or do use XMLTV Epg with your Channel List
please try an use a separate
usb memory stick /hard drive and best to use the front USB port if your box has one and it allows.

Why you may ask.....
If you are using the same USB for XMLTV and to update Channel list every time you remove your USB you basically remove XMLTV.
But what you may not realise is when you add XMLTV it burn flashes files onto your USB (normally blank TEST white files)
so failure to delete these on your pc/laptop can cause conflicts when you try to update XMLTV

Are you getting the Year 1903 issue this may be a fix
If you have removed your USB and deleted the white files before
re-adding your USB go to Epg settings and change from xmltv to satellite then exit menu back to Tv. Once you have re-added USB Now go back in to epg settings and change it back to xmltv. Download it and the date should be correct.

Hi,

I too recently got myself a V8S box and it was stuck on 1903 date. I got a download for an updated guide but now if I choose XMLTV I get a useless list of channels that's very user unfriendly.

I I change it to SATELLITE instead I get a decent enough looking and useful guide, but the time and date are blank so no channel info is shown.

Please does anyone have any ideas how I can get a decent channel guide that works?

Back