OpenBox V8S- No Signal

Sorry to butt in... I have similar problem, i receive some FTA channels but some are saying no signal. Im on SKY UK and when i got into TP list some of them are 45% signal so failing when i do a blond scan. They workes fine when i forst set box but somthing happened and a message came up saying moving dish and its not been right since. I have latest firmware & channel list on there and also a Ccam line which works on some channels but again no signal on others. What can i do?!

Go to sat list --No15 and tick--now edit to ensure lnb says 9750--10600, disable diseqc and ensure motor says none. Save all --exit then recheck--if ok the press 4 on remote and do a blind scan.
Reaper.

Go to sat list --No15 and tick--now edit to ensure lnb says 9750--10600, disable diseqc and ensure motor says none. Save all --exit then recheck--if ok the press 4 on remote and do a blind scan.
Reaper.

Thanks Reaper... All these settings are correct & ive done another blind scan for all channels (not just FTA). It searches through 135 transponders but again some are failing as signal 44%. It comes up with about 370 channels, most of them being duplicates and ive read it should come up with 700+. The movies are not there, kids, itvHD so im guessing the transponders that are faing are where these other channels are. What can i do, is there anyway on box i can make sure my dish hasnt moved to different signal messing with setting?! As i said before i had all those channels then something was pressed on remote and it said moving dish

Dish cannot move without motor but it can move in weather if slightly loose plus cable may have deteriorated or lnb moved a fraction---get a cheap sat meter off the bay or elsewhere--fit between lnb and box then you can ensure dish is correct.
Reaper.

Thanka for quick reply reaper, i appriviate your suggestions. When you say motor to move os that to do with motor setup in settings. Only when i forst set it up i read the instructions tellimg me to set USALS or Disc2 so i left it on USALS. I fiddled with it cuz movie channels were jumping & thats when it said moving dish.

Unless you have a motorized dish then set motor to "none" whilst in sat list edit.
USALS and Diseqc are only used on moveable dishes or multi-lnb set-ups.
Reaper.

sorry to butt in but i have a puzzler, my friends openbox v8s works for a few days then she says it comes up no signal then comes on for a few days then does the same again. i have it a mine and everything is fine with no problems so i told her to get her dish checked and she said she has and everything is fine so scratching my head now so i would be grateful for any suggestions please

Back