OpenVix Working but no VFD Plugin

jordynorm

Hi guys,

I flashed my H2H with the OpenVix 5.1.002 from the Zgemma website and got it all working, at initial setup the box asked me if I wanted plugins so I selected MGCAMD, AutoBouquetMaker and a few skins. Got it all setup and working fine.

Then I've noticed the VFD just displays 00 so I've gone into Menu > Plugins > Download Plugins (Green) and I get an error: "The Linux kernel has changed, plugins are not compatible. Install latest image using USB Stick or Image Manager". But I've just installed the latest image and it let me download plugins at initial setup.

What's going on?

Thanks,
JordyNorm

Thanks for the reply steptoe (& son?), is there no way to install permanent VFD plugin or such on Vix? I'm slightly confused as my previous Vix installation had VFD on it and working. Maybe I used a different build?

Thanks for the reply steptoe (& son?), is there no way to install permanent VFD plugin or such on Vix? I'm slightly confused as my previous Vix installation had VFD on it and working. Maybe I used a different build?

I dont know if it can be installed on a patched image or not,

I haven't tried it on my Zgemma. As @steptoe said, they might have blocked Zgemmas from the feeds now.
I install permanent clock, along with any other plugins on first boot so never checked if the feeds still work after that.

There's more than one way to skin a cat though. I'll sort you an ipk out tomorrow if you want?

The Karnel issue was due to Karnel updates. Vix stop feeds on Karnel changes. Maybe reflashing latest patched vix release will work when it's out. Or just flash openatv

Sure I know it normally stops if there's a new release but I have literally just installed the latest image on a fresh H2H and like I say it lets me download and install the plugins on initial boot/setup just not once I'm in.

@Willo3092 That'd be grand if you could! Out of interest how are you building the IPK for this, are their resources somewhere for me to learn?

Yes, I use something by Persian Prince but I've forgot what it's called... possibly IPK Creator.
I have a tutorial that I made for @siilver somewhere. I'll try and find it.
I'm at work until midnight so will be tomorrow.

Wonder if they will do one for the h5,2tc box, i'm still a vix lover, so i have to settle for a vix skin at the moment on my ATV V6.1.. [ IPAB was giving me grief with the vix skin ]

There's a patched version of ViX for the H5 series if that's what you mean?

Ok Willo m8.. cheers, i looked on the zgemma.tv site, and when i looked in the h5,2tc section, i did not see a vix build, but i now see the one in the h5 section, so, great, if its compatible then i`ll give it a go m8...

Yes mate, it's the H5 version. Will work on the H5.2S, H5.2S+ and H5.2TC.
If you want to keep your box branding as H5.2TC just save the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/boxbranding.so from your current build and copy it over.
Otherwise it will just show as H5 on the info and shutdown screens.

Yes mate, it's the H5 version. Will work on the H5.2S, H5.2S+ and H5.2TC.
If you want to keep your box branding as H5.2TC just save the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/boxbranding.so from your current build and copy it over.
Otherwise it will just show as H5 on the info and shutdown screens.
You're not currently able to download plugins with the patched H5 Vix image.

Hi guys,

I flashed my H2H with the OpenVix 5.1.002 from the Zgemma website and got it all working, at initial setup the box asked me if I wanted plugins so I selected MGCAMD, AutoBouquetMaker and a few skins. Got it all setup and working fine.

Then I've noticed the VFD just displays 00 so I've gone into Menu > Plugins > Download Plugins (Green) and I get an error: "The Linux kernel has changed, plugins are not compatible. Install latest image using USB Stick or Image Manager". But I've just installed the latest image and it let me download plugins at initial setup.

What's going on?

Thanks,
JordyNorm

I have extactly the same issue on a h2s so hopefully will be resolved on a later patch. I asked about this on another thread and didn't get very far other than people seemingly quite concerned for some reason that I use a patched vix.

I don't think I suggested downloading any plugins? You can download any plugins you need on first boot anyway.
No you didn't - sorry

Just making an observation - as the thread is related to issues with downloading plugins using the Latest patched Vix

Back