passportdirect.org.uk SCAM Ripped me off

If you've been scammed by this shower of doodoos, just do a google search for uk passport renewal, find the paid advert and click on it, going rate for them on a click through is about £4.50. Get all your mates to do it as well.

Are you suggesting another third party service?? surely that makes no sense, you could just go to the UK Governments page , get the info, pay the fee and Bobs your uncle.

Official site for UK passports >> https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

I took it to mean if you click on their site they are charged?!! Hence getting all your mates to click on it too.

Also there's an online petition to stop these passport scammers, can't put link on here but easy to find.

Last edited:
I was NOT in any way suggesting that you use their 'service'.

The wonder of Google adwords is that if it is a pay per click advert Mr. Macatonia will be charged £4.50 (going rate according to Google).

There are other forms of adword, based on how often the chosen term shows up, at lower costs.

If 20 people carry out a search for 'passport renewal' before 1000, and then click through to the site, then leave, that will probably spunk his days spend, and therefore protect the unsuspecting.

^^ you two^^ , oi yes you two lol

Ah I see what you mean, if they are the sponsored link, then every customer google sends costs " passport scammers" £4.50. Click away gang. Can't do it from here, wrong country , I get different ads.
Nicely thought out, I like that thinking outside the box.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

my wife has fallen for it

Just found out tonight my wife has added £138 to this scum bags bank account.

She was really pleased to tell me she had sent away for our new babies passport and also to change the name on hers.

I became suspicious when she said £69 each as I know there are different prices for babies and adults.

Then she said they send you back the forms to post off. No gov site I've ever used does this. Oh no what have you done.

On the site it does say clear as day that they aren't anything to do with they passport office and you still have to pay the passport office the fee when you send the forms off.

I'm really really pissed. £138 wasted.

Doesn't sound like there is any chance of a refund. Might have to send this company as small treat.

On the site it does say clear as day that they aren't anything to do with they passport office and you still have to pay the passport office the fee when you send the forms off.

@dazlerd It does say it as clear as day - as long as you are looking for it, the thing is that this site is designed to make you read the other meaningful words like "her majesty's " "passport office", etc and you believe it is legit. it is not until you are on the wrong side of this scam that you see how obvious it was. this is what gets them away from the consumer affairs people.

Sorry for your losses guys, lets hope trading standards, or a big heavyweight boxer, catches up with these people.

Wheelo

Last edited:
Scam Pssport site

Hi I to was done with 2 passport renewals but with another site £138 so angry bank will do nothing I have sent a letter to the company but so far they have not signed for it what a surprise.

I went on their site 2 days ago and again tonight and you can no longer apply as their site is being updated haha

Also when you used to type in passport renewals all the scum bags came at the top now it is only the GOV sites makes you wonder

I know how you all feel that have lost your money but I'm sure we wont be the last on a lot of other forum sites some people have managed to get their money back atleast dont think I will be one of them.

Kind Regards
Jane s

Still get these sites at the top when I google but actually says ad next to them which would have stopped me using them. Yes it is maddening and I gave up hope of getting my money back, my local MP said she would raise the issue but not sure much will be done, just made me more vigilant and have warned as many people as I can about it.:damn:

I was in a hurry to renew my passport for a job application and fell for this scam as well. Wish I used my credit card. I called my bank immediately to stop the payment as it was not clear how much I paid and it didn't feel right. They were able to take the payment anyway. I called them, left messages, sent emails, sent a complaint on their feedback section still no response.... This was as few months ago. I don't understand why they are still getting away with it. There are so many complaints and still no action has been taken. Even worse when you're jobless and renewing your passport to be eligible for an interview :(

I was in a hurry to renew my passport for a job application and fell for this scam as well. Wish I used my credit card. I called my bank immediately to stop the payment as it was not clear how much I paid and it didn't feel right. They were able to take the payment anyway. I called them, left messages, sent emails, sent a complaint on their feedback section still no response.... This was as few months ago. I don't understand why they are still getting away with it. There are so many complaints and still no action has been taken. Even worse when you're jobless and renewing your passport to be eligible for an interview :(

You're spot on mate, these feckers design their site similar to the official one and confuse most. -C#NTS

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

So true, that's the annoying thing people are still loosing money to these companies yet nothing is done. Like you I was in a hurry and probably didn't check the site as I should have done but it looks official and the fact that so many people have fell foul of them shows they are very convincing. Sneaky scumbags making money from people's mistakes regardless of age etc. Heard of some elderly and disabled people who were conned too, nothing but lowlife
:boo:

Domain name:
passportdirect.org.uk

Registrant:
Paul Mac

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

The fact that it's assigned to a UK Individual rather than some sort of organisation is a red flag in itself. I would agree with the others. They are out to mislead and are basically a fraud.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience bees.

Hopefully this thread will keep others away from them.

This is their address

Postal Address:
Passport Direct Trading Style of ECS Ltd
128-136 High St
Edgware
Middlesex
HA8 7TT

Just to clarify, ECS Limited is a perfectly respectable firm based in Lancashire - they sell copier toner and they have nothing to do with the criminals who run PassportDirect. It would seem that the directors of Elucidate Contractor Services (ECS) Limited don't actually understand the provisions of the Companies Act 2006 or the fact that their claims to be ECS Limited give the real company the evidence to sue them for "passing off", i.e. the potential damage that could be caused to the reputation and business of the real ECS Limited by the ongoing frauds committed by Elucidate Contractor Services (ECS) Limited.

I say "frauds", because if you look carefully at the text shown on the pages that you need to complete on PassportDirect, you will see that they do indeed pass themselves off as the real Passport Office, no matter what they claim on the tiny grey print at the foot of the page, which you don't see, because there is so much white space at the foot of each page that you can't see it unless you scroll down through the blank parts underneath the form. Not the actions of a reputable and honest company!

I am currently suing them using Part 27 proceedings in the County Court - luckily, we spotted within a few minutes after making payment that this is not the real Passport Office and served a cancellation notice within an hour under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Of course, we heard nothing at all from them, so after serving a "letter before proceedings" on them, we issued the summons and we await the case to be listed at our local County Court - it will be transferred there from Northampton County Court (Money Claim Online) under Rule 12(2) of the Civil Procedure Rules.

If you have received any e-mails from these cowboys that doesn't clearly list the (correct) company name (including the word "Limited"), registered office address, company number, and the fact that it is registered in England, complain to Trading Standards that the company is committing offences under Regulations 6 and 7 of the Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008, made under Sections 82 to 85 of the Companies Act 2006.

The implementation of Google's policy not to list paid-for services that can be obtained free has knocked almost all of the fraudsters off the first page of results - Google has always had such a policy, but never actually bothered to follow it until the recent outcry about its role in sending unwitting victims to these criminals' Web sites. With a bit of luck, the companies will go bust or be wound up, but in any event, try asking your credit card company to "charge back" the money you paid to them... under English law, a contract between two parties that have different understandings of what the contract is intended to deliver is void ab initio ("from the outset"), and in any event, the purchaser thinks he/she is paying for passport renewal, not for the scammers to simply type their details into the Passport Office web site for them, so the claim for charge-back is based on you not getting the service that you paid for. If enough people do that, the criminals will lose their ability to accept credit card payments, which of course cuts off the route by which they take victims' money.

And if the company goes bust or is wound up, you are entitle to claim the charge-back anyway! Attention dazlerd... your payment of £138 is over £100, so if your wife used a credit card to make payment, you have an additional legal right to sue your credit card company jointly - write to them and quote Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and make it clear that you are prepared to sue Elucidate Contractor Services (ECS) Limited in the County Court, and that they (the credit card company) will be joint defendants to these proceedings if you don't get your money back. This will provide them with an additional reason to get things settled quickly.

So get busy, people...!

Received a letter from my local MP today, she wrote to the Home Office with the concerns I raised about the website. Enclosed was a letter from HM Passport Office it said the Advertising Standards Agency has taken action against some sites and advised complaints can be made directly to The ASA or Phonepayplus, if anyone is worried about personal details provided then this can be reported to the Police at Action Fraud | Report fraud and internet crime . They are working with the Cabinet Office Government Digital Service to gather information and provide greater clarity on the scale of the problem. Ministers have met with Google which has resulted in some adverts being taken down and The ASA has censured two third party websites. A step in the right direction and hopefully will help stop others falling foul of these sites.

Hi

I have had the same problem with many people on here.
I have found a contact number for the building that passportdirect are in.
It is 0845 600 02 07 .. please feel free anyone to ring them up and annoy them, just ask to speak to someone from passport direct as you have a problem. I must warn you though that the man on the phone behalf of passport direct is very rude and thinks he knows everything.

Such lovely people making a living out of scamming people charging £69 for a passport checking service.

Hi Guys,

I have had the same issue it makes me angry that these people are trying to make a living out of scamming people!!!!! ... Although it is cheering me up ringing their office and asking to speak to passport direct as they seem to be getting annoyed with the phonecalls. I found that one of the people I was speaking to claimed he wasnt from passport direct but was still happy to argue with me and put all the blame on me.
The people on the phone are very rude and in the end put the phone down on me.
Here is the number if you also want to keep annoying them 0845 600 0207.

Hi, I got ripped off by Elucidate too,,,,,,,,,i gave them hell for weeks, but they just told me my money will be back in my bank tonight,,,,,,,KICK DEMMM ASSEESS.

Hi,

A similar 'scam' is with EHIC (E111) cards.
I just googled 'renew ehic' and the top one is a site that requires payment.
EHIC cards are free!

Low life scum the lot of them.
Why don't they go out and get proper jobs!

Chainsaw

Back