Phoenix hd A850 Firmware issue

I've been trying to have a look inside the Superhub setting but not much i can see or do to make the box update. I tried to disable the firewall completely and still nothing happen. The solution may be either friend's house with different set up or get a cheap router (not Netgear) just for the update.

thank you

I've been trying to have a look inside the Superhub setting but not much i can see or do to make the box update. I tried to disable the firewall completely and still nothing happen. The solution may be either friend's house with different set up or get a cheap router (not Netgear) just for the update.

thank you

You should be using a router all the time that is the problem modems will not allow you download firmware.

thank you

seems an awful waste of a combined router and modem in one to switch to just router mode and have sepearate router. i am sure i have an issue like this before with a sky box and had to adjust the superhub setting removing IP flood protection etc to allow the connection to a server. unfortunately not got time right now to set it up and try out a few modification on super hub will try over next few weeks and post back any findings.

You should be using a router all the time that is the problem modems will not allow you download firmware.

I’m still using the router, I only disabled the firewall and play around with the setting inside. The router is still working as normal when I try to get the update.
VM Superhup is a router with built in modem, I can disable the router function and use the modem only and add my own router for other devices to use the network. I had a Netgear N router (my own one ) before Christmas but that didn’t allow the update for A850 either, it was ok for A780. This is why I’m thinking of getting a cheap router to test the box. I hope this will clear the miss understanding.

you cant do an update from the 1.03 that was not possible, from 1.06 forward was but as you missed that one you where stuck on 1.03.

Can some one help???? I have a a850 on firmware 1.00 I've had it a long time but over time it's getting very glitchy, I've read a lot and know I can update but I can't get ahold of my supplier there for I can't update, and as its not in the download section can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance

---------- Post Merged at 06:30 PM ----------

Can some one help???? I have a a850 on firmware 1.00 I've had it a long time but over time it's getting very glitchy, I've read a lot and know I can update but I can't get ahold of my supplier there for I can't update, and as its not in the download section can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance

---------- Post Merged at 06:37 PM ----------

I will assume cactikid had sorted u out but don't get over excited latest firmware still unstable and not fixed main issues with box. Unsure if much work is being done as yet to correct issues. Until virgin finish there tinkering with adding tp's etc and have settled and consistent qcam rates they may not even bother. Best advice at moment is to update to latest firmware (otherwise future releases will not be able to be downloaded) and to factory reset and rescan regullarly(this is basically manually introducing the infrastructure changes implemented by virgin) and hope that kv team are not ignoring the issue and stick with the so far superb customer care ethics and get some real Fixs released soon as possible.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for your quick Response I've just got to Figure the rest out now I can see it being a looonnnnnggggg night lol thanks again

Back