Picons -

Skim

Dear all

I'm after a play with Picons. what is the best download to use as there seems to be a long list on the downloads section of the vix image.

I have a USB installed but also not sure how to run them from USB.

Any advice appreshated please chaps ?

skim

make a folder called picon and add them to that folder only (no folder in a folder)
then insert in to usb port
best o use snp picons (Service Named Picons) so when a channle update is done no need to replace picon again

if you have a hdd just ftp the picon folder to hdd->media/hdd

Ive downloaded the bouquet list picons from above and put them in their own folder within media/hdd. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to activate as nothing seems to be happening on the box although it shows as having been Ftp'd? Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 04:06 PM ----------

use MK picons from vix team, IMO best ones out there

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Picons***/MK Picons/

mobileman you got any idea how to get the picons working on the box? Ive tried putting them in a picon folder on the root of the box and also tried the media/hdd way but cant find a way of getting them active, is there something I need to activate for it to work?

2 mins mate will post how turn them on

---------- Post Merged at 04:13 PM ----------

ok put your picons in the following location below , the folder should be called 'Picon' not 'picons'

/media/usb/

then if you wanting them swtiched on for the epg do the following

epg, select a boquet such as all channels, then you epg will come up, then press menu,
you will then get grapicalepg settings page
scroll down to service title mode
change from 'service name' to 'picon' or my fav on the duo2 is 'picon and service name'
then green button for ok and reboot box

if you want to turn them on for the display its a bit longer easy enough though but its done from lcd4linux plugin, I just followed the openvix team guide

Last edited:
2 mins mate will post how turn them on

---------- Post Merged at 04:13 PM ----------

ok put your picons in the following location below , the folder should be called 'Picon' not 'picons'

/media/usb/

then if you wanting them swtiched on for the epg do the following

epg, select a boquet such as all channels, then you epg will come up, then press menu,
you will then get grapicalepg settings page
scroll down to service title mode
change from 'service name' to 'picon' or my fav on the duo2 is 'picon and service name'
then green button for ok and reboot box

if you want to turn them on for the display its a bit longer easy enough though but its done from lcd4linux plugin, I just followed the openvix team guide

Did that but all it seems to have done is squashed the channel list but no picons added. The 'picon' folder is all lowercase, is that correct?

yes , you did reboot and have got your epg working and pointed to a location also ? i use cross epg

How do I point it to a location? I thought I had set up cross epg to update once a day then I selected Open TV and downloaded their EPG. Is there something else I needed to do? Box was rebooted after I changed the setting to picon. Im also using the hdd to store the info rather than a USB

menu, system,epg, settings then make sure your epg is poiting at in your case /media/hdd
ok that then down to crossepg down to opentv and tick sky uk and save
then go download now let it run and once done reboot box

i take it your swap files and mounts are setup also as locations will be useless until they are

Last edited:
i dont no if this will help but if i use AutoBouquets by Lraizer i could not get them to show on my duo
iam now using AutoBouquetsMaker OE Alliance on my dou2 allworking fine this should be allready on vix img

i take it your swap files and mounts are setup also as locations will be useless until they are

Any chance of walking me through this as this might be the issue?

Setup your storage do the following
Menu, Setup,System, Storage devices, Initialisation
Select your drive, then Red to initialise
Exit all

mount setup
menu, setup, vix, mount manager, select drive, blue button to mount

Swap file setup
Menu, Setup, Vix, Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.
Hold power button on remote for 3 secs and select Restart (never GUI)

Exit all

mount setup

Swap file setup
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.

Got to the 'create swap file' bit but its not letting me create one giving me the message "Sorry, no physical devices that support SWAP attached. Cant create swapfile on network or fat32 systems"

Cancel that I rebooted it then tried again and its managed to create the swapfile. I tak eit I now go back and try to read the picons now?

Last edited:

Exit all

mount setup

Swap file setup
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.

Got to the 'create swap file' bit but its not letting me create one giving me the message "Sorry, no physical devices that support SWAP attached. Cant create swapfile on network or fat32 systems"

haven't got the correct format on the drive try intialise again then reboot and then do swap file bit, if you have a look on scumnsee or mtpockets guides show you those steps

im popping out foor a few jars but back later :)

Back