Picture glitching solved for me.

syphon

I just want to add my 2pence worth for people with glitching issues. I've tried 3 different types of splitter including official virmin ones, official virmin cable and connectors and still got glitches. It almost died if someone used the Internet. Now I suspected a weak signal from the start but couldn't exactly get virmin to come round and give me a boost.
My resolution to this finally came from a Konig 24db TV amplifier 1in 2 out from Amazon. There not exactly cheap like a splitter but all my issues are solved. It even increased my broadband speed by 14mb.

i hope this helps others with glitching issues.

your welcome

I just want to add my 2pence worth for people with glitching issues. I've tried 3 different types of splitter including official virmin ones, official virmin cable and connectors and still got glitches. It almost died if someone used the Internet. Now I suspected a weak signal from the start but couldn't exactly get virmin to come round and give me a boost.
My resolution to this finally came from a Konig 24db TV amplifier 1in 2 out from Amazon. There not exactly cheap like a splitter but all my issues are solved. It even increased my broadband speed by 14mb.

your welcome

I get some glitching on some channels but the majority seem to be fine apart from the odd hiccup and freeze for a few seconds. Is this what you are referring to?

Is this the same sort of item? https://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-27822H...8&qid=1469740331&sr=8-1&keywords=TV+amplifier

your welcome

I get some glitching on some channels but the majority seem to be fine apart from the odd hiccup and freeze for a few seconds. Is this what you are referring to?

Is this the same sort of item? https://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-27822H...8&qid=1469740331&sr=8-1&keywords=TV+amplifier

no mate. The below is the one I got as it allows return signal which is a requirement for vermin.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profession...69741117&sr=1-2&keywords=Konig+24db+amplifier

try useing a good splitter i recomend tratec spitters
never had a problem changed loads from cheap ones to tratec and glitching went

try useing a good splitter i recomend tratec spitters
never had a problem changed loads from cheap ones to tratec and glitching went

I tried one of the tratec and it actually made it worse than using a cheap 5 - 2450 splitter. Think a lot depends on how strong the signal is in the first place.

May try one of these as my channels are getting worse.
How can you check signal strength if a tall possible ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does that go as a replacement of the splitter? So one in and two outs?

Yes mate. If you have just one cable coming in your house from the little brown box outside your house, check to make sure there isn't any db filters (anything with a -9db or less or more) and replace with a normal joiner. The only thing you need between this and your main cable feed is a 5-1000 attenuator (which should be the connection point inside your house). This way you have full control of the signal strength for each split. What I did was turn the gain up until my modem signal light lit up on the modem and ran speed tests until it peaked, switched on the h2h and tweaked the second gain until it stopped glitching whilst running speed tests. The return feed I left from the start at about 1 5th of a turn just so there was some return signal but whilst all is working ok I have not had to change this.
it was the last thing I was willing to spend money on trying to solve my issues. Luckily it worked.

hope this helps.

Back