1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixellation/Glitching on Cable HD Channels

Discussion in 'Zgemma Star H.2H' started by shah1, Dec 8, 2016.

1. shah1

shah1 Registered

Hi guys,

Been having issues with some of my HD channels recently with lots of glitching/pixellation on my H.2H box. Been in touch with my line provider who ensures me that there is no problem with the server or lines. So for those who have or are experiencing something similar - do you know what's the cause?

Thanks

2. Delta

Delta Registered

Does it do it on premium SD channels?

Unfortunately there are no FTA HD channels on cable...

Watch some premium SD channels and then watch some FTA SD channels. If it does it on both it's a problem with your cable signal - check your coax leads, splitters etc. If it only does it on the premium channels then it's a problem with your softcam settings (on the box), internet connect or CS server.

3. shah1

shah1 Registered

Doesn't do it on any of the SD or premium SD channels. Only noticed it on the HD channels on my B tuner which is cable (vm). Will check the softcam settings and possibly a different line to see if it's that.

4. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Does it glitch on BET or kerrang?

5. Delta

Delta Registered

If it's only doing it on HD channels then it is more likely to be a signal issue. AFAIK, the softcam requirements are exactly the same for SD and HD (so HD shouldn't put any extra "load" on the softcam, network or server), but HD may require a higher quality signal.

Are you using a splitter to use the Zgemma and Tivo side-by-side? If so, try removing it and putting the feed straight into the Zgemma...

6. shah1

shah1 Registered

Hi Delta, I'm using a splitter from the virgin box attached to my wall, don't have a Tivo box only Virgin broadband.

7. bangord30

bangord30 TK Veteran

Have you tested a verified all locals server? Seen this before with cache channels on a low mhz

8. shah1

shah1 Registered

Sorry for the noob question - but what on earth is a verified all locals server??

9. barty

barty Registered

Could be the box on Wall. I am having similar issues with my parents h2h box and looks like box on Wall is faulty so have bought one to try....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. bangord30

bangord30 TK Veteran

PM you mate

11. shah1

shah1 Registered

Hi mate, I've tried to reply but think you've reached you quota limit :no no:

All the channels you mention are working perfectly fine. It's most of my HD channels that are glitching.

12. bangord30

bangord30 TK Veteran

Up to you mate. I said realise that. Nothing in my inbox. You will then find out if internal/box issue once and for all I assure you

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  13. shah1

shah1 Registered

Nope BET and Kerrang and other SD channels are working fine.

14. shah1

shah1 Registered

So to update, I've tried a new mgcam file and a test line for cable but still having the same issues. Funny thing is, some vm channels work fine and most don't - glitching like a mutha! All SD channels (premium/FTA) work fine.

15. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Could be a cable faulty tuner on the receiver, send the receiver back if it's under warranty.

16. bangord30

bangord30 TK Veteran

Yeah exactly think you now know box I'd say

17. shah1

shah1 Registered

If its the tuner, surely all cable channels wouldn't be working? But I'm still getting a few working as they were whilst all others are glitching like crazy.

18. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Only way to find out is try the receiver at another location

19. Delta

Delta Registered

Make sure you've got the "ANT POWER" switch on the back of the box set to OFF.
    Swap the ports on the splitter over (ie change the broadband router / Zgemma cables over)
    Try a different coax flylead from splitter to Zgemma. (or at least re-terminate the one you have)
    Try your Zgemma at another house.
    Try a different Zgemma (or another DVB-C receiver) at your house.

Have you got an attenuator fitted between the incoming cable feed and the splitter (I've seen that a few times where the customer only has VM broadband)? If so, remove it.
    Do you have the correct Network ID entered in you Tuner Config settings?
    What figures to you get for SNR, AGC and BER on the Signal Finder screen on various transponders?