Playing avi/MP4 movie files

Jam33

Anybody know how to play these files from a usb on the ibox2 plus?? I've plugged my usb into the box and it doesn't recognise any of the files, I've only had the box a week and it's got vix image on it. Any advise would be massively appreciated!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As standard the ibox can only recognize discs formatted to EXT4, If your disc is FAT32 or NTFS, you will need to download additional software to use it.

What additional software do I need to download?? I guess these downloads are from ts panel?

The way i do it with my vu solo is to create a network mountpoint to stream vids and music from my pc to the vu. i am sure you could do this on a cloud box using the vix image.

Or if I formatted my usb to ext4 would it then recognise the files??

Reformatting the disc will destroy any files on it. The file for NTFS is called ntfs-3g and is available from the add plugins menu. Alternatively, you could use the dlna browser to play files from any computer on your network.

I can't find that that file??ive clicked download plugins on the plugin browser but it doesn't seem to do anything?? I've searched ts panel and can't find it in there?[emoji31]

If your TV is fairly new you may be able to plug it straight into a USB port without
using the sat box.

Something like this may do you then, I was looking at something
similar the other day, about £20

[video=youtube;I5bwDlQfhOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5bwDlQfhOA[/video]

This is the one I was looking at, pretty much plays all the formats you need.

MKV are usually full HD

HTML:
http://satandcable.com/content/senua-full-hd-1080p-mkv-hdmi-multimedia-player

Just ordered that cyclone off fleabay.... Frustrating cos the skybox f5s played anything u rammed in the back of it [emoji38][emoji38]

if you link your cloud box to your pc you can do the same thing. why pay for it? i am playing all files by using this method mp3,mp4,flac and mkv

if you link your cloud box to your pc you can do the same thing. why pay for it? i am playing all files by using this method mp3,mp4,flac and mkv

Can you give us a few pointers as I wouldn't know where to start, I assume it will be similar for all E2 boxes, with vix image

Back