Please put this disc in an xbox 360 console

axxxo

VIP Member
I have an old xbox 360 with this error message

will buying a new drive like a lite on for instance and spoofing the key from the tosh/sam drive to the lite on fix this issue or does it go beyond the drive itself?
I tried replacing the laser in the drive which didnt work so when i put the old laser back in the error message is gone but it wont attempt to read the disc at all now :(

i have all ribbon cables back in the correct position and i can see the laser coming on, it spins once but nothing happens.

Cheers for any replys.

In theory yes it should, as long as all info is spoofed over correctly. I picked up a benq drive on ebay for £18 as a dummy drive for flashing other xbox's.

I forgot to mention, you could try a 'pot' cailibration on the drive, i would try this 1st

thanks for the reply cunny, ive never heard of a pot calibration, can you explain this to me?

thanks port ill take a look

have to get me a multimeter to do this, think ill get the new drive :)

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

think i know now why the new laser didnt work, anti static solder blob on the dam thing, ill bring it to the electrician in work tomorrow to get him to take it off and ill report back then.

Last edited:
thanks cunny, i found this link for the pot calibration, sounds straightforward enough but i dont think the electrician will let me borrow is 200 euro multimeter lol
ill get him to de-solder the laser for me, ill test it and if it doesnt work and i cant borrow a multimeter ill just look into getting a new drive and swap the board between the old drive and new one so i wont have to spoof the key
http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/XBOX_360_POT_CALIBRATION_V1.0_by_Moda.pdf

ok, ive tried the new laser with the anti static solder blob removed, same result though on the screen.
i tried the pot calibration, worked, so to test it i ejected the tray and tried it again. didnt work.
tweaked the pot again and it worked, opened the tray and closed it and it didnt work again, getting real frustrating now! think i might switch lasers again to try changing the pot on the old one, according to moda's pdf guide back ups seem to run on a lower resistance so i might flash the drive to see if it will run on backups more efficiently

what media are you using? have you tried games that used to work? what fw do you have on that drive. have you tried the burnt games in another console? do you have an orignal you can try in the console? let us know.

ah homie welcome back bud i was waiting for you to reply to this!!!

ijust flased the sammy today with the 1.6 ixtreme but yet again it says open tray, used verbs and memorex, they work fine in my own xbox on the lite on. tried tweaking the pot again, got as far as the tray saying mixed media disc and just gave up, think i really need the multimeter to do this as i dont know how far forward im going or back with the settings. ive tried an original call of duty 4 disc and gears 2 which work fine on my xbox aswell. i think its just time for a new drive unless you have any other ideas?

ah homie welcome back bud i was waiting for you to reply to this!!!

ijust flased the sammy today with the 1.6 ixtreme but yet again it says open tray, used verbs and memorex, they work fine in my own xbox on the lite on. tried tweaking the pot again, got as far as the tray saying mixed media disc and just gave up, think i really need the multimeter to do this as i dont know how far forward im going or back with the settings. ive tried an original call of duty 4 disc and gears 2 which work fine on my xbox aswell. i think its just time for a new drive unless you have any other ideas?

Ok the issue sounds to be the drive here. Obviously you have tried things with no pervail. Do you have any spare 360's knocking about?

I am doin drive re/flash more in last 2 months.

Here for support, pm or contact eva

i think your right cunny, too many things too be playing around with in the drive, id rather not go messing with spoofing keys onto my own drive incase anything goes wrong, can the key from the drive im using be spoofed to any type of xbox 360 drive or just another sammy? think it is just time for a new drive to be bought.

axxo it is kind of hard to understand that reply that you made, but i am assuming that based on what i see you would probablly be better off just getting a new drive. (sorry language barrier is kind of making it hard to understand). i need precise answers to that last post of mine. hope this helps,

~homie

The discs you were using, were they by any chance patched to wave 2 and you were using ixtreme 1.6?

If so 1.6 will not boot hybrids (patched to wave to from wave 3) this is a security check that 1.6 does. Try the force via the 0800 disc loader, found with the ix firmware off xbins.

the drive was never flashed and this message used to appear, i flashed it with ixreme 1.6 and used wave 3 games using abgx 1.0.1 i think it is

i used memorex dvd+r dl and verbatim dvd+r dl

new benq drive ordered, should hopefully have it by the end of the week, i better or there will be bad feedback left, its only coming from the uk.

i had tweaked the new laser doing the pot calibration, worked once with an original game, ejected and closed and it didnt work again, tried the tweaking again and just couldnt get it working at all.

all the games i have backed up work on my own console with perfection

OK good to hear, dint know if folks on here aware of the wave 3 compatablity issues regarding ix 1.6 checking the games and not loading if they are hybrids.

Thanks.

Cunny

hi lads, got the new benq drive, spoofed the key from the samsung drive onto it, same message agin, please insert this disc into an xbox 360 console. couldnt be something wrong with this brand new drive so must be a console problem, is there anyway of fixing this at all?
although with the other drive i did manage to get a game going a couple of times with the pot calibration, am i going to have to do this again on the new one? dont want to go messing with yet another new laser, especially since i dont have the multimeter.

axxo, please answer these questions one by one for me..

#1 what cd's are you using?
#2 do any older backups or origionals work on the console your are having problems with?
#3 where did you get your drive? (the one you just bought)
#4 what type of drive do you have in the console now?
#5 what was the origional drive that came with the console?
#6 if you new drive is different from the first did you spoof it?
#7 what are you using to flash your drives?
#8 when did this problem occur?
#9 when you put the new drive in, did it have a valid key?

please number your responses 1-7 so i can be sure as to the answers to these questions.

1 verbatim

2 no, nothing works

3 bought it from ebay from a well trusted seller in uk

4 drive in console now is the drive i bought... the benq

5 original drive was the toshiba samsung drive

6 yes

7 i used jungleflasher 1.66 beta

8 probably about a year ago, its not my console

9 yes

Back