police/crack down

ToonSteve

I see that there was a news report on the police crack down of these kodi/streaming box's, maybe it may come down to the sly box's at some point?

It's the idiots selling the ''fully loaded'' boxes they are going after.
Kodi in itself is perfectly legal, filling it with addons to get hold of copyrighted content is not.

It's not legal to have a kodi box. Kodi aka xmbc do not sell boxes and if you were to read up on it it was made without third party addons that can give you free movies etc

A man in Scotland only a few months ago got done for 500 boxes and sales and people were done by the fact people against copyright

Last edited:
https://torrentfreak.com/police-conducting-worlds-largest-pirate-box-crackdown-160528/

its a few month old the article but i just heard it on the radio on the weekend

Yes im from the Falkirk area, and i know that a couple of local pubs boxes went down, but they were sat boxes, not IPTV ones, as i put a c-line back into one of the boxes in my local, but as i said, his IPTV box was not affected, why, well it could be next ??

Sly have a team who go into pubs when the footys on to check on the boxes.

How do they do it ?

Pubs who subscribe from sly legitimately have a business account, and the footy that is streamed to them has a pint glass show up on the tv screen during different intervals of the game. If the pint glass does not show up, sly are made aware they are either using sly under a domestic account or 9 times out of 10, a cardsharing service. The sly enforcer usually then harasses the business owner, with threats of fines, etc and again 9 times out of 10 the pub owner decides to take on sly.

Source : I used to work for sly in debts and arrears :grin:

Streaming TV is gonna be the way we all watch tv,no need for aerials,dishs,cable......impossible to stop.....Its all happened before with the music industrie,kodis the new napster....some will pay for viewing some wont...itl pan out the same as music....

Very truealcable think thats why we havnt moved to full on streaming,think it will go down the route of a mix of say dish and streaming until we all have exchange only broadband for everyone....(not great for me i fit aerials and dishes for a living.lol)

i fit infinity fibre cant get it myself on the bright side says your in fftp project said that last few months its openreach maybe 2050 i will get lol

I was involved in the days of AM CB it was all down to the rules against over air chatting without a licence and lack of frequencies. It was only the fact that so many used it that it was eventually made legal Be it FM and off a few dots on from the old used AM scale. We can only hope that they allow sense to prevail and bring prices into fair practice not allow a meagre few to make millions by charging what they think they can get away with? Rant over ;)

Last edited:
Back